Hydro-Blue Wide Side Mirror Glass

kyle'87

Advanced Member
So I've had the Teg for a few months now and one thing that is starting to bug me is the bloody mirrors do a great job at collecting rain drops which then make it difficult to see out of them.

I've tried to tackle this with clay bar and rain-x but shortly after they return to their water drop retention abilities. My next step is to attack them with my CarPro Reload to try and seal the glass and get similar effects to Rain-x but for longer.

So, cutting a long story side ways...

The spoon hydrophobic mirrors. Does anyone have them/ rate then for the price, which seems a little steep at £140.

Cheers
Kyle

Attachments

Jinis dust

Advanced Member
This bugs me greatly too. And when they steam up! Not sure it's even possible? But has any one fitted heated mirrors? Really surprised they didn't have them!
Sorry no help on the spoon glass but they look cool as f**k though!

Justin

kyle'87

Advanced Member
civic17_99 said:
You should try some Carbon Collective Platinum Glass sealant. Miles better than rain x
Thanks! I will take a look, I have been looking for something better than rain-x and more glass focused that Reload.

Jinis dust said:
This bugs me greatly too. And when they steam up! Not sure it's even possible? But has any one fitted heated mirrors? Really surprised they didn't have them!

Justin
Argh! they steamed up this morning after de-icing. Nightmare!

dave7368

Advanced Member
I've always just waxed mirror glass and never have any problems, even with Bournemouth water.. :xhappy:

Jinis dust said:

Justin
RSX has heated mirrors, shouldn't be too difficult to wire in.

Left 76253-S6M-C41
Right 76203-S6M-C41

spooke

Advanced Member
cjh1981 said:
Mine came with heated mirrors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Out of interest did you get yours imported with them then? Power fold too?

cjh1981

Advanced Member
Yeah came with the car with folding when I got it. Only noticed by chance as I was driving early one morning and the centre part started to clear.

Have a pic somewhere as I was going to ask about it this was an option.

Jinis dust

Advanced Member
I'm very interested in getting some heated ones! Do they heat up with the rear window de-mist button? Or is there a little extra button for it? And is yours a PFL or FL? Good to know there still power folding too!

Justin

cjh1981

Advanced Member
Jinis dust said:
I'm very interested in getting some heated ones! Do they heat up with the rear window de-mist button? Or is there a little extra button for it? And is yours a PFL or FL? Good to know there still power folding too!

Justin
Mines a 2004 PFL - and yeah when the rear window button turns the mirror ones on too.

Has anyone else got these? Are they def an option?

Jinis dust

Advanced Member
Awesome! I need to get me some of these!
I've just had a bit of a Google and can't find nothing! Just Americans fitting power folding mirrors while trying to retain their factory heated mirror..

Justin

Rom

Advanced Member
Ive been thinking about doing this for a while. It really annoys me.
I always have rear wipers, as i dont like not having them, so made sure to buy a Teg with rear wiper. But I do miss heated mirrors.

As for wiring them up, will be pretty straightforward. Without having them to test current draw, I can only guess. But safest way would be to switch another relay from the rear screen button, which feeds to both mirrors.

Slightly on the subject, has anyone ever seen a heated front screen for these, or RSX ? Retrofitted one in an old car, but had a large race / rally following, so it wasnt hard to find.

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Pretty sure there is a heated screen available for around £450 or so. Can't remember if it was Buddyclub selling them a while back.