I Love my Postman..........

turbo5

Advanced Member
I hate my postman, where's mine :?: :cry:
I even have a car to fit it to :lol:
How did the import tax work ? how much, who do you pay ? was it delivered to your door ?

LeeH

Advanced Member
turbo5 said:
I hate my postman, where's mine :?: :cry:
I even have a car to fit it to :lol:
How did the import tax work ? how much, who do you pay ? was it delivered to your door ?
No tax mate, came to my door and it was under £340 all in.

I've just found ou my DC5 is STILL IN JAPAN FFS.

ETA 3rd week in June. :cry:

turbo5

Advanced Member
May 14
23:49 Awaiting presentation to customs commissioner COVENTRY PARCELFORCE UNITED KINGDOM

looks like I will get stung for tax :cry:

andycole

Good effort on the Gruppe M matey, bad news on the DC mate, maybe i will have a car before you at this rate
AC :?

dazza

Advanced Member
Nice one mate 8)
:shock: How lucky where you not to get stung by Tax.
Just out of interest how is the tax worked out?
Does it have anything to do with VAT?

LeeH

Advanced Member
Daz, I have no idea TBH.

What I do know is that when I got stung for the EP3 it cost me £20 so its not to bad.

Evs

Advanced Member
IIRC it's import duty at 10% and VAT at 17.5%, calculated on the entire order cost including shipping. Pot luck whether you get stung at all, and what value the vendor has stated on the shipping note.

glenn3

Turbo5, I had a parcel coming from japan that I tracked to Coventry as well but I didnt pay any tax, as evs says... its pot luck.

conoroneill

Advanced Member
I noticed that the badge on the air box says Ms intake as opposed to Gruppe M like it said on the one I had for the EP3. I thought they usually just gave you an Ms sticker?

Ezza

Advanced Member
Just checked parcel force website, it only says handed over in Japan :evil: How do you guys check yours.........?

turbo5

Advanced Member
Ezza said:
Just checked parcel force website, it only says handed over in Japan :evil: How do you guys check yours.........?
To check on progress of your Gruppem check the status on the the EMS website just put in your tracking number.
clicky

mikegsi

Staff member
thats a GOOD price, i paid slightly more second hand!

ive been told that you shouldnt be paying duty for car parts (andy@200bhp) sourced my replacement HID headlights and i didnt pay any duty on them (thank f$$k!!)

Ezza

Advanced Member
Just checked again on parcel force:

16-05-2007 10:16 International Hub RELEASED WITH CHARGES :evil: :(

turbo5

Advanced Member
Its not arrived, I have just cjecked on the EMS tracker
May 16
9:28 Departure from inward office of exchange COVENTRY PARCELFORCE UNITED KINGDOM

No mention of custom charges so I might be lucky :?
hope it arrives tomorrow, I want to get the car booked in TDI for the Kpro and mapping