I need a new shift knob...

yn08_teg

Hi guys,

So, the OEM knob that came with my car is scratched a hell so I've decided to go for a replacement. However, rather than replace it with another OEM I am looking into aftermarket ones.

I like the look of the Skunk2 knob. I think something silver or black, as opposed to the Neo ones. Does anyone have any other recommendations?

Cheers

SamDC5

Advanced Member
I had a Skunk2 and didn't really like it. So I bought a titanium Seeker one, much much prefer the Seeker. Feels much better in the hand. It's got like a purply tinge to it as well so looks awesome.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

SamDC5

Advanced Member
yn08_teg said:
Now that does look nice.

Is the DC5 a 10x1.5 fitment?
Yes mate it is I think all Honda's have the same thread. And cheers

Elliot438

I've got the Skunk2 one, came on the car and I'm happy with it. I also recommend the Tegiwa short shifter and bushings if you are looking to upgrade the shifter feel

ollydc5

Advanced Member

I had a Skunk2 weighted one originally and it was lovely through the gears on an oem shifter, I moved to a Ktuned one which worked well with their billet shifter.
I‘m on a buddyclub one now, second one of the same shifter and it‘s well nice on a shorter shifter like the buddyclub one and is lovely on my B&M modded shifter. It‘s not weighted but it just feels great to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-james-

I love my heavy spherical Blox shift knob. Bought from H'Tune I think. Sorry no picture.

Altecians

Advanced Member
SamDC5 said:
I had a Skunk2 and didn't really like it. So I bought a titanium Seeker one, much much prefer the Seeker. Feels much better in the hand. It's got like a purply tinge to it as well so looks awesome.

Great minds think alike :green: :green: . I've got one too and they are a great weighty shift.

ep3kamal

Advanced Member
The only gearknob I would replace my skunk 2 one with is the j's racing titanium one but i can't justify the bloody price on that thing

yn08_teg

ep3kamal said:
The only gearknob I would replace my skunk 2 one with is the j's racing titanium one but i can't justify the bloody price on that thing
I am still looking through the various options. Just seen the J's racing knob and it is a thing of beauty but I'm not prepared to pay that for it!

The ARC one also looks really nice, but just getting hold of one looks like it will be tricky

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
yn08_teg said:
I am still looking through the various options. Just seen the J's racing knob and it is a thing of beauty but I'm not prepared to pay that for it!

The ARC one also looks really nice, but just getting hold of one looks like it will be tricky
I've got an ARC one sitting in my bedroom doing naff all! Lol. They're easy enough to find and buy but they cost loads for a gear knob lol!

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I have a mugen one and like it, was going to sell it but not found the time to remove it and dig out the oem one

Mudgey

Advanced Member
I'll have some OEM style ones soon in anodised silver and black, they are the same OEM shape but the difference is that I have had some nuts machined up so there is a seemless transition from the gearknob into the nut, they look really nice :)

They will be similar prices to skunk 2 knobs but then they are made locally here within the UK, so even though the price is top end you can sleep easy at night knowing you are supporting local businesses :)

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
Just bought myself a Spoon Duracon gearknob for winter that‘s in the post as the K-Tuned function form one gets a bit cold on the hand, especially today!

Both great choices, Spoon one has a bit of a retro look about it...