I need help from UK DC5 owners

NiTrO

Advanced Member
Hey,
I’m from Germany and I’m very interested to buy a Honda Integra DC5. Our German traders cannot help me. Hope you guys can....
Before I can buy a DC5. I need some help for our German TÃœV (Technical Supervisory Association). I need a copy/fax of something like a vehicle title or British registration document (log-book) of a DC5.

Can somebody help me? I not need names or addresses of the ower in the registration document. I will show it to the TÃœV so that they can see, that the car already exist in the EU, that's all.
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeas help me.

The copies are treated of course absolutely seriously and are not transmitted to others!!!

Gary

Advanced Member
You'd probably be better contacting the UK DVLA at Swansea as they have nearly 500 DC5's on their books, and may be willing to give you proof of that seein as some members on this board regularly contact Swansea with the sole purpose of keepin an eye on the numbers of DC5's in the UK and the info seems to be freely available!

NiTrO

Advanced Member
Hmm, Honda.de cannot help me!

The dvla also cannot help me, because I'm not from UK they write. Maybe only a alibi... :roll:

Not misunderstand me. I don't need the original, I need only a copie or a pic, without names, adresses, chassis number (onlay the first 6 or 7 characters).... I only need facts that the car in the EU with EU documents exist. In Germany it's very difficult to get import cars streetlegal...
:?

I alraedy today write a mail to Dickson´s, maybe they send me a copy.

kingston

Advanced Member
theres a few guys here based in germany, think milano chris is one who has/had one out there....

use search and search for autobahn

NiTrO

Advanced Member
I have asked him, but hi can´t help me.

I would be really very grateful to you! I would not know whom I could otherwise ask. :cry:

NiTrO

Advanced Member
I show you my "Registration Certificate" of my Honda CRX AS.

I need something like this. I tray everything. I ask Honda.de, Honda.co.uk, Honda.com, the KBA in Germany (because there´s no DC5 in Germany), the dvla (because I´m not from UK)....
One Dealer asked me: "Why you don´t ask some owners in UK...?"I show you my 'Registration Certificate' of my Honda CRX AS.

I need something like this. I tried everything. I have asked Honda.de, Honda.co.uk, Honda.com, the KBA in Germany (because there´s no DC5 in Germany), the dvla (because I´m not from UK)....
One Dealer asked me: 'Why you don´t ask some owners in UK...?'

Here I´am

Please be so kind and help me!

Attachments

NiTrO

Advanced Member
Maybe. But in Germany isn´t an Import Company which import the DC5.

For the TÃœV it is enough when I show him a copy (like my) of a registration certificate of a DC5.
When someone (or more) of you would scan his 'Registration Certificate' without Name, Adress and only a part of the FrameID I would have everything what I need!
With this fakts I only will show the TÜV that the DC5 exsist in the EU! It´s enough to show some pic´s with UK licence plates....

If someone want to help me, please send me an email:
nitroek4@web.de

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Ah I understand a little more what you want now.

My document is at the DVLA at the moment getting the address changed.

Guys he basically need a copy of a log book so that the TUV can see that the car already exists in the UK and that it complies to EU motor vehicle law (can't remember the exact name).

Someone must be able to scan it in removing personal details. He doesn't need that.

All he needs is a log book with part of the chassis number (the first couple as they all start with DC5) and possibly engine number to show the TUV and they should allow him to register the car.

NiTrO

Advanced Member
milano_chris said:

Guys he basically need a copy of a log book so that the TUV can see that the car already exists in the UK and that it complies to EU motor vehicle law (can't remember the exact name).

Someone must be able to scan it in removing personal details. He doesn't need that.

All he needs is a log book with part of the chassis number (the first couple as they all start with DC5) and possibly engine number to show the TUV and they should allow him to register the car.
That´s IT!!!! 8)

ally_mac

Advanced Member
milano_chris said:

Otherwise known as the V5 tax book if im thinking of the same form

NiTrO

Advanced Member
It will be fine, when I would get every document which you also need to get a DC5 legal in UK.
It would be a very big HELP for me!

NiTrO

Advanced Member
I was at the TÃœV, and I showed them everything I have and that was enough. :D

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Nice one mate. If you manage to get a schlussel nummer for the insurance then let me know, There's a chance I'll be going back to Germany soon so I need to start looking for insurance.

toast

so now its my turn. got the same problems to get the papers for the tuv and get the car registered. would be nice if nitro or someone else could helpe me :D

and i also have another question. i would like to drive the car from UK to Germany, are there export license plates available in the uk or should i take the normal uk plates? might be an insurance issue!?!