I need major offset help PLEASE!!

rsxdc5

Hi everybody this is my first post over in this forum and I need some help. I have a US spec DC5 and am purchasing the whole DC5R brembo suspension setup so I will be running the same OEM offset as you all are (as opposed to the US offset of 45).

With the US SUSPENSION I can fit VOLK LE37 18x8.5 with a 40 offest and 245 /40/18 tires (know this for a fact). Now I will be getting the brembo suspension setup and my offset will change...So what offset will allow me to use the 8.5 wide rim with the 245 tires with the DC5R suspension. Thanks a lot guys!

-Erik

Evs

Advanced Member
So what you're saying is your suspension will be basically the same as a JDM DC5 once you've made the changes? And you want to run 8.5J x 18? If that's correct then I think 40mm will be too low and will stick out and/or rub on the outer arches. I'd go for a 50mm offset if I were you. Some relevant discussion in this thread:

http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4678

HTH?

rsxdc5

Yes once i make the changes my suspension will be the same as yours and so i basically need to know what offset will work for your suspension.

NZITR

Advanced Member
I take it you are only changing the front and not putting on the wider rear disks also. This means the rears will be okay.

A lot of Japanese club racers go with a 17x8.5 42p offset on the front running 245/40/17 and something like 17x7.5 48p on the rear with 215 or 225/45 tires. I'd say they run high amounts of camber to tuck the fronts in so as not to foul the guards. So if you have front camber adjustment and are prepared to run a fair amount of camber you will probably get by. I think the issue is maybe the overall height of your tires as you are about 1 inch taller than stock.

If you are doing the JDM rear also I'd say a guard rolling is required to have any chance of them fitting.

Evs

Advanced Member
I disagree, but I suppose it depends on what he wants.

I can't see the point in using 8.5x18 in the first place, never mind what the offset is. A 40 offset will move the face of the rim 33mm outwards. Even if it doesn't rub, it's going to look like a monster truck, and although it might be able to pull more g in corners, in day to day use I expect it'll handle like one too. :?

Just my 2p, at the end of the day it's his car.

rsxdc5

Currently it looks like it will be a 48+ offset. Also it will be easier to fit these wheels and tires on because i am running -2.6 degrees of camber in the front and -1.5 in the rear. Also as someone mentioned this will be a full suspension conversion, front and rear. I am not a competitive circuit driver and just compete in hot lapping/open track days so these wheels and tires will serve as my track/street setup. that is why i am going with a larger tire for more grip when I am at the track and a wider 18x8.5j rim (for a larger lip) while i am on the street. As for tires, I will be using the Falken Azenis RT-615, the new very sticky version of the azenis in the falken line up. If anyone is curious as to what the wheels look like, here is a picture...

hankwoo

I';m curious about this same tire setup on the dc5r as I'm doing the suspension conversion as well and a good set of ce28ns, 18x8.5 +40 are available.....