Jayk

Advanced Member
Guys i need more power.

I have

Fujita F5
Toda Manifold
Supersprint B-pipe
Hondata KPRO

Whats next? Cams id love but for the power they give and the money you have to spend a JRSC is alot better IMO.

People with my spec, how much difference did an RBC make? I know they are quite cheap but can you tell the difference? As i might try one before i run off for a charger.

Thanks
Jay

dotty

Advanced Member
Jayk said:
Guys i need more power.

I have

Fujita F5
Toda Manifold
Supersprint B-pipe
Hondata KPRO

Whats next? Cams id love but for the power they give and the money you have to spend a JRSC is alot better IMO.

People with my spec, how much difference did an RBC make? I know they are quite cheap but can you tell the difference? As i might try one before i run off for a charger.

Thanks
Jay
Didn't you sell an RBC recently? :?

Jayk

Advanced Member
Yeah i did but i sold it, was selling the KPRO too. But it didnt sell so i kept it mapped it, no have the bug again!

Nick, i havent taken this one on the track but that would be good power, it would be suffient. I just need more straight line speed, around the bends, a-roads its good enough.

Jay

DopeDragon

Advanced Member
What power are you getting at the moment?
I have an RBC along with J's TB, Mbit manifold, gruppe m, twinloop and KPro mapped by Romain. I'm getting 243bhp at Surrey rolling road. I personally think with a better mapping it's capable of more. Twinloop is also a limiting factor but I don't mind sacrificing a few bhp for the sake of my hearing!
Hope that gives you some indication of the RBC, it is probably one of the best bang for buck mods out there.

Dc5Dub07

Advanced Member
DopeDragon said:
I have an RBC along with J's TB, Mbit manifold, gruppe m, twinloop and KPro mapped by Romain. I'm getting 243bhp at Surrey rolling road. I personally think with a better mapping it's capable of more..
243WHP you mean?

Dc5Dub07

Advanced Member
Jayk said:
Yeah i did but i sold it, was selling the KPRO too. But it didnt sell so i kept it mapped it, no have the bug again!Nick, i havent taken this one on the track but that would be good power, it would be suffient. I just need more straight line speed, around the bends, a-roads its good enough.
You need to get the RBC fitted, and then a re-map, that will give you the straight line speed/torque.

Jayk

Advanced Member
i ran 235 @ fly and 165lbft on the rollers without kpro, we think now its probably around 245 they way the car pulls. i use these rollers for all my DC5's and they are quite spot on.

Yes i used to have a twinloop, had it for 1 day, very restrictive, took it straight off.

I think i'll order an RBC and get it hooked up, have been looking for JRSC but ive always liked N/A, and i do not want to put a impact on the handling with too much power through the front wheels.

ejwillistyles

Advanced Member
Probably not, my guess would be 243 fly hp as Surrey RR is Dyno Dynamics! (accurate)

:wink:

Jay - RBC doesn't make much difference mate, if you can afford it I would just go for a rotrex charger, you won't lose the response of the K20.

IMO

Dc5Dub07 said:
DopeDragon said:
I have an RBC along with J's TB, Mbit manifold, gruppe m, twinloop and KPro mapped by Romain. I'm getting 243bhp at Surrey rolling road. I personally think with a better mapping it's capable of more..
243WHP you mean?

Dc5Dub07

Advanced Member
ejwillistyles said:
Jay - RBC doesn't make much difference mate, if you can afford it I would just go for a rotrex charger, you won't lose the response of the K20.
Dont agree with you there.. When i got the RBC fitted i noticed a bit more torque in the lower revs.. before i even got a re-map..

12T

Advanced Member
Dc5Dub07 said:
ejwillistyles said:
Dont agree with you there.. When i got the RBC fitted i noticed a bit more torque in the lower revs.. before i even got a re-map..
It does help but its only a minor increase if u want power i say s/c but sooner or later you gonna need a engine build to strengthen the bottom end. I have gone for cams u do notice a difference, again not major increase like the s/c.

JDC5

Charged DC5
well.. i'm going to say it has to be a supercharger.. i mean, mine is only the 5psi kit... so its not crazy like the 9psi or even 11psi.

if you do want more power then in my opinion the supercharger will give it the best!

JD

logik

Advanced Member
JDC5 said:
well.. i'm going to say it has to be a supercharger.. i mean, mine is only the 5psi kit... so its not crazy like the 9psi or even 11psi.

if you do want more power then in my opinion the supercharger will give it the best!

JD
Yeah there is only so much he is going to get without going into the supercharger zone.

3000-4000 should do it.

Jayk

Advanced Member
Been looking at chargers today, anyone used a Comptech one?
What you running with your 5psi kit JD?

All i need is the JR charger, is the 5psi kit the "Street" kit. What size injectors are for 5psi?

Cheers
Jay

JDC5

Charged DC5
Jayk said:
Been looking at chargers today, anyone used a Comptech one?
What you running with your 5psi kit JD?

All i need is the JR charger, is the 5psi kit the "Street" kit. What size injectors are for 5psi?

Cheers
Jay
Comptech is quite big out in america.. if you look at the Clubrsx forum, in the supercharger bit, its half and half between comptech and JR. I do like the comptec as it does have a carbon fiber fuel rail cover! haha, but im gona get one made up for me soon...

I got the JR street kit as i want it the car to retain its reliable and traction will be an issue. In the damp and wet, the car still spins out in 3rd when i step on it at 6k!

I am running quite a few bits with my JR.. the list is - Buddyclub race manifold - Fujis Power Getter exhaust - Gruppe M - 650cc injectors - Kpro - thats it... the car was dyno'd at 259.9bhp @ fly and 170ish torque.. so its good enought for me...

Seriously JayK... once you get it.. the supercharger just makes you have this big smile on your face!! its like i've fallen in love with the car again, so to speak! lol and you be suprise how the S/C DC5 compares up to cars now... lets just say I raced a certain scooby and audi A6 and both drivers was not happy i turned up lol

but its all down to mapping mate.. thats what i learnt...

but at the end of the day.. its your choice.. but believe you me.. once you go charged you wont look back!

JD

Jayk

Advanced Member
Cheers bud.

Yeah i have a CAI, Toda Mani, Supersprint Straight through pipe. I like that setup as it sounds like an F1 car so to speak, so raspy. Ive already got Tein Flex Coilies, Camber setup, ESSMs. And i have a PRB KPRO which can map boost im told.

Ive had 3 DC5's and everytime i try something else i always come back to the DC5. So i think i should just keep it and S/C it.

A 5psi kit sounds a good. I really should yet, but you never know treat myself a xmas. Id fit it myself and then speak to Fonz about mapping it as he knows his stuff. Man its so tempting washed the DC5 yesterday and its looking at me begging for a supercharger.

JD have you uprated your Clutch? What milage is your 5 at?

Jay

JDC5

Charged DC5
hey jay.. PM sent.

sounding like a F1 huh? once the supercharger is fitted the sound is going to be crazy!! trust me!

Yeah.. Fonz is doing a full tune for me now! lol.. looking forward to working with him and learn alot from him! but i wouldnt go up against his car.. he has an EP3 running a 9psi!! now thats crazy!!

Nope.. the clutch is standard mate! all you really need is the engine mount and maybe a ETD, im still debaiting weather to get it or not.. the millege on my car is 38k miles.. its an 51 plate. so really low millege..

just get it mate.. treat urself!! lol

JD

Jayk

Advanced Member
heres a quick fly by, sounds nuts! even louder now kpro'd. yeah he has had a look over my maps, top guy.

ive got uprated mounts, but my ETD is in a box, havent put it on yet as it vibrates in the car too much.

i think i will mate :)

i love it when its clean :)

JDC5

Charged DC5
damn the car does look very smart!!! i like how the tein sits on ur car mate!

just looking at that.. i really need to get round to fitting my tein coilovers!! lol what drop is it all round? 18"?

JD

Jayk

Advanced Member
Thats an old pic mate, this is how it sits on the Tiens. 17"s dude. Not sure how much the drop is, the front is now lower than the rear.

Trying to get it out of my uncles workshop was abit close.

Jay