I need to break into my car!

creation

I put my DC5 in the garage for a few weeks while I took my other car out to sell. The car has now sold so I now need the DC5 out again. The problem I have is the battery has gone flat, which isn't usually a problem with most cars, but the car has previously had the lock changed in the ignition, so my key only work in the ignition and not the doors, so I can't open the doors with the keys!

Can anyone suggest how I can get into the car or get the bonnet open, so I can get some jump leads on the battery?

carl hammond

Advanced Member
You could try to get up under the bonnet with a screwdriver or similar to push the latch open. It may take some time and patience and pad the bumper and bonnet (anywhere painted well to prevent any damage)

creation

ollieh17 said:
Try get the jump lead on any positive lead from under the car?
Good shout. Don't think you can get to the starter motor underneath on these car's think they sit on top, otherwise i'd of used the main power feed wire. Does it matter which positive wire or can it be any positive?

ollieh17

Advanced Member
creation said:
Good shout. Don't think you can get to the starter motor underneath on these car's think they sit on top, otherwise i'd of used the main power feed wire. Does it matter which positive wire or can it be any positive?
Not sure tbh, what about one on alternator?

creation

Good news, I managed to get into it, I got under the car and reached up to the battery and pulled my amp power cable a bit as it has a bit of slack. I then get it and managed to power the car with jump leads from that. :)

ollieh17

Advanced Member
creation said:
Good news, I managed to get into it, I got under the car and reached up to the battery and pulled my amp power cable a bit as it has a bit of slack. I then get it and managed to power the car with jump leads from that. :)
Good job mate