i need to insure a 19yr old ASAP Help please...

cricmcn

well if my age doesn't bother you dont patronise by talkin about 'grown ups' mate!
At the end off the day im not doing anything illegal as it isnt registered in my name therefore regardless of whether or not she drives it, my insurance covers me to. Its part off the deal the insurance company offers (and to be honest i think its foolish off them as alot off people here are at it, but then again theyr making money from it so they aren't worried!).
In a way i can see where your coming from- 'young boy racer in a fast car and a danger on the road etc etc' scenario, but in this instance it aint the case.

cricmcn

lol.. Get a few very strange looks from them alright but its her name in the tax book so nothing they can do about it mate.
Yep what im going i can assure you it is 100% legal.

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
Ok so both you and your Mum is in on this FRAUD :roll:

Why not call up your insurance company and explain to them how it really is...

"I have registered the car in my Mum's name so that she can technically be classed as the main driver but the truth is its my main car and I'm just trying to get cheap insurance"

:xboring:

Gaz_Ek4

Advanced Member
blah blah blah I am paying high premiums and hate the fact that you are 19 and paying less than me, and even more so, I hate the fact that its LEGAL.

Change the record boys.

The police accept its legal, 1000's of people in Northern Ireland do it, there are no problems, end of.

redcap

Advanced Member
cricmcn said:
Yep what im going i can assure you it is 100% legal.
Gaz_Ek4 said:
I hate the fact that its LEGAL, The police accept its legal, 1000's of people in Northern Ireland do it, there are no problems, end of.
=;

YMWAM

cricmcn

lol Gaz very true.. some lonely boys on here need to get themselves a hobbie.. maybe even a woman :eek: to give them something to do other than talkin complete turd on ere :D

luffy

Advanced Member
WOW i didn't realise that this post created such a stir!

I have just been on the phone to Quinn Direct and spoken about this.

They said that "when you take out Fully Comprehensive Insurance we give you a 3rd party extension. This entitles you to drive any other vehicle, within reason (she said exotic cars), with the owners consent"

You could agrgue that because cricmcn is not the main driver of the vehicle then he is commiting fraud however..... how do you ever prove that he is!?!?!?

i think everyone should give him a break. If he crashes into someone then at least he has insurance to cover it. yeah it's not completely legal but i'm sure most people have broken the law at some point. I have had shady insurance with my dad which entitled me to fast cars since the age of 18 and i've done no harm...

cricmcn - Thanks for your help in this

LeeH

Advanced Member
cricmcn said:
Ring a company called 'Quinn Direct' and ask them if, when insured fully comp with them can you Drive another persons car thir party. The answer to this is 'YES' so how is it fraud 'my friend'?
Theres a big difference to your premiums to the 1's we have here in Ireland, you have to be atleast 25 to get a quote on 1 most places.
If i upset you 'grown ups' that im driving a DC5 at 19 i apoligise.
It will state in the small print 'For emergency use only' You Doughnut :roll: :lol:

If is was True I might and go and have a blast in a Veyron.......

cricmcn

[quote name="LeeHIt will state in the small print 'For emergency use only' You Doughnut

cricmcn

ps.. no probs luffy happy to help! :wink: .. have moved onto bigger and better things..some sound fellas on here but u get ur usual forum knob heads (ill say no nmaes but read the posts on this topic theyre easily spotted! lol).

Good luck with the car mate!

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
cricmcn said:
ps.. no probs luffy happy to help! :wink: .. have moved onto bigger and better things..some sound fellas on here but u get ur usual forum knob heads (ill say no nmaes but read the posts on this topic theyre easily spotted! lol).

yes and your one of them, and goodbye.................

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
cricmcn said:

yes and your one of them, and goodbye.................

morgan

Advanced Member
Great Thread ! (well, fell away towards the end, but other than that was good). Moving away from the whole 19yr old thing for a moment... Isnt this just the same thing as insuring the car 3rd party ?
I mean if the insurance companies know this is common practice then why not just offer 3rd party premiums ? The risk is the same isnt it ?

Yes its a lot of money - but thats because we are talking about a BIG risk here. 19yr+DC5=Risk - thats pretty obvious. Point is that by forcing this 'covert' route of gaining insurance are the companies not slightly to blame ? If they really cared they would remove the 'drive anything' clause from anyone sub25 and force the insurance to be 'straight'.

Its an odd one, certainly.