i pod connection

markie

Advanced Member
just bought a ipod touch was after some info on how good a connection you get with the fm transmittor kits.reason i ask is i dont get good radio receiption

LeeH

Advanced Member
The Denson iPod link is popular but its around £100.

You can get muts nuts Alpine HU with a dedicated USB connection for £200.

Lee

Andywilkinson

Advanced Member
LeeH said:
The Denson iPod link is popular but its around £100.

You can get muts nuts Alpine HU with a dedicated USB connection for £200.

Lee
just like mine

Well worth every single penny imo

It also plays music from memory sticks, so i leave one in the car loaded with tunes just incase i forget my ipod

JT3173

Advanced Member
Hi, I have today just fitted the one that LeeH has, WOW, what a unit! Shame it does not play video though.

If you like I have a Belkin FM Tune base radio transmitter I can send you with all the parts so that it will work with the Ipod Classic, Nano etc. Just let me know if your interested!

markie

Advanced Member
has the alpine head unit got bluetooth on it for mobile phone connection.how good a reception did you get with the belkin JT3173 . happy new year folks

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
there is a bluetooth addon unit avaialble from alpine don't know if it will work with that hu tho.

my wife has new alpine imprint hu in her s2000 with the bluetooth box and ipod lead it works well with her iphone as ipod and phone and charger

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
the xda alpine WILL work with a bluetooth hands free kit so long as you have the box from alipne .

the fm kits sound quality is always compromised compared to a hard wired lead.

JT3173

Advanced Member
Yeh, the reception is pretty good, just need to find a freq that is not broadcasting, hard in London I found but elsewhere it is well worth it if you do not use your IPOD all the time and do not want to have a dedicated IPOD HU.If you do then dont use a transmitter.

dotty

Advanced Member
I use one of those i-trip fm things. Seems to work quite well tbh.

Looking for something similair for my other halfs CTR.

Andywilkinson

Advanced Member
I used to have an itrip, and used it for a fairly long time, but now i have the alpine HU, the itrip doesnt even come close!
:wink:

markie

Advanced Member
think i will be saving for the alpine hu seems to be a lot of people happy with it always better to go with word of mouth rather than going into a car hifi shop and have them rip you off.cheers folks

drivebymonkey

Advanced Member
markie said:
think i will be saving for the alpine hu seems to be a lot of people happy with it always better to go with word of mouth rather than going into a car hifi shop and have them rip you off.cheers folks
another vote for the alpine setup, only critisim of the bluetooth unit is that it doesnt tell you who is calling until you have answered, so no call-screening!! other than that its ace.

:D

markie

Advanced Member
that looks the biz leeh. and the ipod is out of sight of any hot fingered scumbags.cheers

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
driveby, it might be due to your phone not being 100% compatible, my wifes comes up with the number.
from speaking to alpine tech it would seem there are some problems with nokia N series ans some sony ericson models, all will work with handsfree but not all features will come up on HU, phone book etc.

we were talking to them as we were the first to test the iphone with the new imprint hu and new bluetooth box.

drivebymonkey

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
driveby, it might be due to your phone not being 100% compatible, my wifes comes up with the number.
from speaking to alpine tech it would seem there are some problems with nokia N series ans some sony ericson models, all will work with handsfree but not all features will come up on HU, phone book etc.

we were talking to them as we were the first to test the iphone with the new imprint hu and new bluetooth box.
you might be right, i have a sony ericsson K850i. the phnebook and call register etc work.

not really a problem for me as dont have that many people i dont want to talk to!!

:D