i-pod holders

phil_dc5

How do you guys hold your i-pods when in the car? None of the cradles which use the air vents to attach to the dash will fit the DC5's vent. Ive seen some which plug into the cigar lighter as a charger and then incorporate a holder but because of the location of the 12v socket and the slope of the dash these also look no good. I don't want to pay £30 to find it dosen't fit. Any ideas?? Im sick of it sliding off the seat and having to rummage around for it!!

SpideyMack

Advanced Member
I've seen a holder that has a cup shaped thing at the bottom that fits snugly into one of the cup holders - was thinking that would work quite well?

jay82

Advanced Member
phil_dc5 said:
I want it to be at hand so I can skip track etc. Thats why a vent cradle is so handy
if u run it true the headunit it will let u do this.

phil_dc5

I have a standard stereo, plug the i-pod in the front with a jack lead and use the AUX setting. I still have to use the i-pod to change track. Only thing I can do with the headunit is volume.

jay82

Advanced Member
phil_dc5 said:
I have a standard stereo, plug the i-pod in the front with a jack lead and use the AUX setting. I still have to use the i-pod to change track. Only thing I can do with the headunit is volume.
i don my brothers wifes car and his pick up all standard toyota head units and they can use it true the head unit and the steering wheel. its just a cable that goes into the disc changer connection at the back. but they don't display the songs, i think one does and the other doesn't can't remember.