I want to Supercharge my DC5, advice needed please

fonz600

Advanced Member
Also I've driven a SC DC5 and was a little disappointed with it as thought the car would feel alot quicker. It didn't but what it did do well was 4th and 5th. Really torquey. It's an expensive mod I think and was more impressed with the guys suspension setup than the SC.

rarerims

conoroneill said:
In my opinion the DC5 shouldn't have forced induction - full stop.

It's not what the car was designed for.

There is a naturally aspirated power threshold (between 250-270BHP) where the maximum potential of the car is realised and yet the handling is still limber.

By going further than this with the use of forced induction you'll have an car that not only handles like a badger, but one that is slowly self destructing by putting strain on engine internals, clutch / transmission and brakes.

The DC5 is all about finesse, agility and top end power.

LIKE I DID
That is nonsense.

The DC5 is an awesome car supercharged, expain to me please conner, how my dc5 'that handles like a badger' lapped llandow 2 seconds quicker on AVON road tyres, than a brand new FD2, and 3.5 seconds quicker than a stock DC5, this was when Japanese performance tested the DC5 against the FD2

And this is on a sub 1 minute lap..

It turns the dc5 from an average hothatch performance, to something that an evo with 350bhp will struggle to keep with ..

I know that my yellow dc2 was around the same kind of performance as simons DC5..

My ROAD Dc5 would leave my dc2 round the track, proven :wink:

If you think that supercharging a dc5 is so bad, you'll hate my dc2, after being so disappointed with NA tuning, ive ripped out the engine, and transplanting a sleeved 2.0 with 350@ the wheels +

I know this will upset people that say that 250 or more in fwd doesnt work, but again this is people that havnt driven one..

A friend in Austria has a DC2 with 500bhp, he tracks it, and passes basically everything on the track...

.. he only does ferrari/porsche exotic track days :wink:

I have a video of him passing a 360 challenge car

So FI FWD can and does work :p

premadonna555

Advanced Member
Well it's nice to see some common sense bought to the thread!

Those vids are awesome, doesn't even seem to be struggling to put the power down, is he running some sort of traction control system?

rarerims

no traction control, stock ltd slip diff in those vids, now got a mugen diff..

Front wheel drive limits with slicks would be even higher

Anyone thats driven with full slicks will agree, my SC with slicks wouldnt even spin up 1st gear

They are soo much more sticky than cut slicks

J

premadonna555

Advanced Member
And what is the exact SC that you are running mate, and where did you get it from?

Is the fitting fairly straight forward or are we talking a fair amount of modifying to get it in?

What other mods have you done to it?

rarerims

JRSC @ 5.5psi or whatever it works out at..
Bought the car with it fitted..

Mods on the car are
Gruppe M
JR header/manifold
Mugen exhaust.

236@ the wheels awesome 8)

typertillidie

That DC2 is awesome on track wonder who can build such a motor in uk?

Something about DC2s that is somewhat special :lol: