IACV cleaning poll

Who's had problems with their IACV to the point you've had to strip it down and clean it?

• Total voters

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Following on from all the posts we get about IACV issues I had this theory that open filter designs could contribute to this.

http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/34187-idle-control-valve-again/

Thought it would be interesting to see who has had IACV issues, who hasn't and whether there is any kind of correlation between having problems and the type of intake people are using.

Cheers peeps :xgrin:

EDITED: Extra choice to those of you who haven't experienced issues. Sorry to Pudski who missed the extra multiple choice question! Maybe you could confirm in a post what type of intake you use? Or I think you can delete your vote and re-vote xthumbup

wj51fut

Advanced Member
One thing I have noticed which I rectified over the weekend is that the crank case breather that connects to the air box shoots a load of oil into the intake system, passing the IACV. So this could be one issue that people could be having. A filter in the end or catch tank would work well.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Gok (aka Chinese Adam) said:
One thing I have noticed which I rectified over the weekend is that the crank case breather that connects to the air box shoots a load of oil into the intake system, passing the IACV. So this could be one issue that people could be having. A filter in the end or catch tank would work well.
How bad was it Adam, most will tell you that these shouldn't loose any oil except in boosted applications. I ran a catch tank for a while and it was always bone dry. I have a breather filter on there at the moment but same thing, its dry.

Not overfilled on oil are you?

newyorkaddict

Advanced Member
I have the AEM V2 at the moment and I've had loads of IACV issues. Sorted them now though after a really good strip down and clean.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Tbh it wasn't that bad. Some carb cleaner and a few cotton buds and it was clean again. Have diverted the breather to the bottom of the engine now. Not into the air box.

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Yep my breather goes to bottom of engine too

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
I had eight speed take mine to bit and clean. Steve said mine was all clogged up so could well be due to open filter or 230k miles :p

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

DC5_Bonson

Advanced Member
I had loads of problem with the idle before... stripped it down and cleaned it 3 times in total and the problem still continue. So i bought a brand new IACV from Steel Honda and it works 100% perfect ever since.

integraleo

Advanced Member
Bonson said:
I had loads of problem with the idle before... stripped it down and cleaned it 3 times in total and the problem still continue. So i bought a brand new IACV from Steel Honda and it works 100% perfect ever since.
So did I 5 months ago, and I've had 1 case of it since but a good flat out blast seemed to clear it......for now