IACV FOR DC5

VT-Doo

RushDoo
I think you'll be hard pushed to find one as they are attached to the underside of the throttle body. I can't imagine anybody seperating them. The people who have upgraded their throttle body will have used them on their new one.

Why do you need one?

khizwork

Yeah good point. How much you thinkin the new one would be from Honda? Because mine has stopped functioning, I got it fully cleaned up yesterday with carb cleaner twice from TOM at TGM and it is still not funcationing and making engine rev up and down from 1500 rpm to 2000 rpm when the engine is cold.

VT-Doo said:
I think you'll be hard pushed to find one as they are attached to the underside of the throttle body. I can't imagine anybody seperating them. The people who have upgraded their throttle body will have used them on their new one.

Why do you need one?

VT-Doo

RushDoo
You might have a vacuum leak causeing the car to hunt. If you've cleaned it you might have damaged the throttle body gasket.

Have you recently disconnected the battery or reset the ECU?

khizwork

No I don't touch the engine myself, It was tom at TGM who did everything yesterday! Do you know who he is?

VT-Doo said:
You might have a vacuum leak causeing the car to hunt. If you've cleaned it you might have damaged the throttle body gasket.

Have you recently disconnected the battery or reset the ECU?

VT-Doo

RushDoo
I don't personally, but have heard good things.
Have you asked him about the hunting :?:

Chances are the idle just needs to go through it's learning routine which is done if the the ECU loses power.
For the ECU to learn how to idle it can take up to 5 cold starts.

ci_newman

Advanced Member
I recently had similar issues, although mine was causing the CEL to come on too. Despite cleaning it, ultimately it needed replacing. Got a replacement for £200 (ouch!) from Dave@Steels. It's almost the same cost as an after-market throttle body with sensors :evil:

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
it will be the iacv . sadly you have to buy a complete throttle body, but i am sure recently someone bought one from Dave at steels for around £200

Tom is probably the most experienced dc5 guy in the UK, having raced and worked with and for him on the race team for several years i can think of no-one more trustworthy and knowlagable. i am sure he will have checked for a vac leak etc etc.

khizwork

yes i agree , u can't find more trustworthy person than tom specialy for a DC5! according to him it needs replacing and I managed to buy a 2nd hand throttle body with all the sensors on it for £160, so its best i replace the whole throttle body what do u guys think? I don't know when I will be able to get it replaced though cos Tom is in italy for this weekend :( , i surely don't want to touch it myself because I have no experience even in standard cars lol :lol: . every morning i face this problam and im worries i mite end up damaging or effecting some other part in the engine if i carry on driving like this? do u think i shud not use the car until its replaced?

ci_newman

Advanced Member
Changing the thottle body is easy enough, but don't attempt it if you need the car next week.. Sods law dictates that you'll take the old TB off and rip the gasket in the process.

I had to order a new one from Dave@Steels and it had to come in from Belgium and took ~ a week ](*,) I 'borrowed' the wifes car that week 8-[

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
it only affects the engine on idle and wont damage anything, it will be fine to drive.

when you are moving the iacv is not used.

ci_newman

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
it only affects the engine on idle and wont damage anything, it will be fine to drive.

when you are moving the iacv is not used.
That's not strictly true.. I know this because my car became undrivable once the IACV completely failed. Any time you aren't on the thottle, the IACV must be in use.