ICAV price and part no.

danny100

Advanced Member
Hi, Guys car hunting and engine light on y'day... usually only hunt once a month, but hardly ever happen on warm day... if cold weather, it happen more often in past 2/3 yrs but never engine light on... how i normally stop it, is stop on the side of road ,turn off and start again few min later, it stop.. but y'day v.cold dry day, after the MOT i use it for half day around local with slow driving, it happen.. looks like the ICAV had it, plus my car is 10yrs new, can i ask is it worth to try clean it, or just bin it...??

is there many sucess story after its been clean? or is it cause by other sensors such as TPS/ MAP sensor, some say i can cause by coil pack?? However if someone got one for sale pls let me know,,

or pls tell me the part no,from honda red+white sticker of the ICAV or any idea for price of new one, thx danny

Bonito

Advanced Member
Cleaning it is a doddle and AFAIK you have to buy the whole throttle body if you want a replacement from Honda and they're not cheap.

Hoodster

Advanced Member
I had my local Honda dealer replace my iacv last year they changed just the part itself not the whole throttle body and including the labour it came to just over 600 quid so be prepared to bend over should you take it to them.

danny100

Advanced Member
...had it dianosed, its the TPS throttle sensor, had it plug in run the live data, got one from Tegiwa, set the engine light on again instantly, now lot smoother when rev, no more hunting, on idle, haven t drove it yet, does it need adjustment?? i ll keep post the update here, thx for all reply :)