ICE Expert help needed - radio reception and iPod stuff

tedg said:
V - Tec Tastic said:
crxvtec said:
Right...you've not got an Integra then? Else you'd know the aerial is a couple of filament wires printed onto the rear windscreen!

I live in Wembley.

I havent no ,

Lol yes i would, BUT there should be an earthing point else things like wipers and indicators would be picked up. errrrrrrrrrrrmmmm if you were a bit nearer the Midlands i was gonna have a look for you...

Brett
Brett you can always fix mine... i am in northants :lol:

LOL i can certainly have a look i do not mind at all..

It would also be nice for me to have a closer look at the DC 5 non round me :(

crxvtec

Advanced Member
OK, all we need to do now is replace the metal wiper arm with a carbon fibre one ;) But seriously, we now know the issue, how the hell do we fix it?!

tedg

Advanced Member
i think the main thing here is that it's shifts the tuning band. Lower 88-> 92 is not so good with wiper lifted.

Perhaps the bandwidth of the aerial is optomised for Jap bandwidth, so Radio 2 etc on the lower end is no problem. But the upper end is beyond the -3db point.

By moving the wiper we are moving the bandwidth so it fits closer to UK FM bands.

crxvtec

Advanced Member
tedg said:
i think the main thing here is that it's shifts the tuning band. Lower 88-> 92 is not so good with wiper lifted.

Perhaps the bandwidth of the aerial is optomised for Jap bandwidth, so Radio 2 etc on the lower end is no problem. But the upper end is beyond the -3db point.

By moving the wiper we are moving the bandwidth so it fits closer to UK FM bands.
I don't believe this to be the case - there's not enough discrepancy between Japanese and UK FM frequencies that the antenna would be optimised for such a narrow range (I don't think manufacturing techniques are THAT good!) and to show this, I get really good signal on 105.4 and 106.2. It's my 98.8 and 95.8 that are the crustiest.

dan_dc5

Advanced Member
This is how to unearth a thread!

4 years on... has anyone managed to get a better signal? Fed up of mine after 30mins when my iPod decided to pack up :xmad: