Ice Installation Questions ?

ITR BOY

Advanced Member
Finally got my system together for the Integra, goin for a nice SQ sound with a resonable ammount of volume, this includes:

Alpine CDA-9831R Head Unit

Phoenix Gold XS4600 4 Channel Amp

Boston Acoustics RC620 6.5" Front Component Speakers

Focal Polyglass 27 V2 Subwoofer enclosure.

The front comps will be run at 75W RMS each and the sub will recieve 300W RMS, Once in, I may add some 6.5" coaxials in the back for a little "rear fill", but Im going to see what this setup is like first.

A few questions I need to know before insatlling are:

1/ Where is the best route to run my 4 gauge power cable from battery to boot, I know it will be on left side, but which is best to get through bulkhead?

2/ Where abouts is the best route to run RCA leads from head unit to boot, also the remote wire. And best Earthing point in boot. ( my amp will be mounted on the back of the rear seats)

3/ When mounting my front components, first Iam going to put some Dynamat onto the metal, then I want to put some MDF speaker rings onto the door before mounting the speakers. What thickness should I use, as I dont want the speakers to foul the doorcards!

4/ How easy/hard is it to put new tweeters in standard positions?

5/ Which is the best route to run the speaker wire to front comps and tweeters from boot, getting through to the front doors?

6/ Where do people mount their crossover boxes from the component speakers?

Any info will be appreciated.. :wink:

Evs

Advanced Member
ITR BOY said:
Finally got my system together for the Integra, goin for a nice SQ sound with a resonable ammount of volume, this includes:

Alpine CDA-9831R Head Unit

Phoenix Gold XS4600 4 Channel Amp

Boston Acoustics RC620 6.5" Front Component Speakers

Focal Polyglass 27 V2 Subwoofer enclosure.

The front comps will be run at 75W RMS each and the sub will recieve 300W RMS, Once in, I may add some 6.5" coaxials in the back for a little "rear fill", but Im going to see what this setup is like first.

A few questions I need to know before insatlling are:

1/ Where is the best route to run my 4 gauge power cable from battery to boot, I know it will be on left side, but which is best to get through bulkhead?
IIRC there's a grommet behind the ECU - take out the glovebox and the felt trim panel beneath it. Then as you say, run the cables to the left of the passenger seat under the carpet

ITR BOY said:
2/ Where abouts is the best route to run RCA leads from head unit to boot, also the remote wire. And best Earthing point in boot. ( my amp will be mounted on the back of the rear seats)
I ran mine under the centre console - just take the console out and run the leads under the carpet inside the console. There are big holes in the carpet where the gearlever and handbrake sit which make it easy to thread the leads through.

ITR BOY said:
3/ When mounting my front components, first Iam going to put some Dynamat onto the metal, then I want to put some MDF speaker rings onto the door before mounting the speakers. What thickness should I use, as I dont want the speakers to foul the doorcards!
Hmm this is trial and error, 6mm or maybe 9mm will be fine, 12mm might be a bit thick. Problem is that the door cards have a ring at the back of the grille that's supposed to sit over the speaker and help seal it, but it can foul the rubber mounting ring if you space the speaker too far out from the door

ITR BOY said:
4/ How easy/hard is it to put new tweeters in standard positions?
Pretty simple IME, I have Focal ones and they were a very good fit, although the lip of the hole in the dash was a bit too big and needed trimming with a chisel/stanley knife. Fiddly job as it's very close to the bottom of the windscreen and not much room to manoeuvre in, but then there's not much material to remove.

ITR BOY said:
5/ Which is the best route to run the speaker wire to front comps and tweeters from boot, getting through to the front doors?
I ran mine under the carpet along the sides of the car near the sills, seems fine

ITR BOY said:
6/ Where do people mount their crossover boxes from the component speakers?
There are a few cavities under the dash, and behind the front side kick panels that have just enough room for the Focal crossovers.

ITR BOY said:
Any info will be appreciated.. :wink:
Hope that helps a bit. If you're still coming to Oulton next weekend then you're welcome to have a look at what I've done and get ideas from that. It's not a competition quality install but it works well and doesn't get in the way of using the car.

User

Advanced Member
I had an install done two days ago.

They dropped tweeters into the OE positions no problem, but I've no idea where they've put the xovers. I'm dead chuffed with it all, except for one tiny problem - they put my single din pocket in upside down - dumb asses. :roll:

Zero7

Advanced Member
You could fit the crossorvers in the bottom of the footwells. I would seriously consider a seperate amp for the sub if your after SQ otherwise it will sound a bit naff