Idle oil pressure issues... Urgent help needed!!!

Ken_dc5

Wassup honda lovers...I'm from Singapore and I'm driving a dc5. I've currently got some issues and was hoping that all the expert gurus out there can assist me on.

I'm running on a k20a block which was recently rebuilt with high comp wiseco pistons and Brian crower rods. I've replaced all my thrust bearings, piston rings etc for new ones. Even my oil pump is new. Did a full tune about a week back. So here's the problem. This block was bought over from a fren. When the block was in his ride, his idle oil pressure is at around 3.0 x100 kpa. But after I took over the block with it being entirely overhauled, my warm idle oil press is at 2.6 x100 kpa.

So here's the thing. When my engine is on full load, my oil press is at 7.0x100 kpa. But after a couple rounds of hard driving. My idle oil pressure drops to a ridiculous low reading of 1.9x100 kpa instead of maintaining at 2.6x100 kpa. If I stop hard driving the car, it will slowly climb back up to 2.6x100 KPa.

I tried switching out my oil from 10w40 (FK massimo racing) to 15w50 (motul 300V). Even changing my defi oil pressure sensor to new ones. But I'm Still having the same issue. I'm trying not to remove the entire block to check the internals due to the high cost of labour. I seriously hope it's not an engine issue as I Juz built this motor about a month back.

So can any gurus/experts give any advise on what maybe causing this issue?? Your feedbacks are greatly appreciated!!!

R-39294

First of all check another type of oil such as 5w-30 or 5w-40 oils.
Then if your oil pressure still low check your con rod bearings.
Another issue of droping the idle pressure comes from the chain tensioner. It could be nice to check it because sometimes the spring inside them become softer.
Do you use more aggressive camshafts?
Or maybe one of your oil jets needs replacement

beppe786

Beppe
from a cold start my oil pressure is 7x100 kpa

once warmed up it it stays still around 6x100kpa driving and idle around 2.5x100kpa

R-39294

beppe786 said:
from a cold start my oil pressure is 7x100 kpa

once warmed up it it stays still around 6x100kpa driving and idle around 2.5x100kpa
Your pressure is just fine

poeter

Hi I have a JDM EP3 Facelift 2005 down in Australia.

My current observations are:
  • Idles at 1.9x100kpa @ 93degrees celcius
  • 90kmh/6th gear at 5.8x100kpa @ 95 degrees celcius
  • 105,000km mileage observed
  • Valvoline Synpower 5w40
  • greddy oil sensors/informeter touch
My observations from 1.5 years ago.
  • Idles at 1.5x100kpa @ 93degrees celcius
  • 90kmh/6th gear at 5.7x100kpa @ 95 degrees celcius
  • 60,000km mileage observed
  • Royal Purple 5w30
  • greddy oil sensors/informeter touch

Bought the car with 26,000 in 2011 April.

• Drove smooth
  • No reliability issues
  • No strange engine noises/piston slap noise/Knock noises
  • Minimal engine oil burn if any.

Do I need to concerned at this point?