Idle Problem!

Samy888

Advanced Member
Hey guys,

Have a bit of a problem on my hands and hope someone can help me out.

I fitted my 70mm RBC manifold, 70mm S90 throttle body- which i used an S90 throttlebody adapter
and a skunk2 throttlebody thermal gasket. once i fitted these the car revs itself from 1000 rpm to 2000 rpm
constantly, making it a nightmare to drive.

anyone any thoughts on this? i personally think it could be the skunk2 thermal gasket?

this is a pic from tegiwa where i bought it from, however mine does not look exactly like this. the bottom cutout
is a lot smaller and is a cylinder shape.

many thanks,

sam

Samy888

Advanced Member
my slot on the gasket looks kind of like this not the one as pictured on tegiwa's site?

Chelt_scene

Advanced Member
My integra sat for ages and did this.i cleaned out the aivc thing, didn't work. I changed the throttle body which didn't work I blocked off that cold start valve thing which didn't work I tried a few other things which also didn't work so I sat there a redlined it in neutral for about 5-10 seconds. Ran perfect. Lol

http://youtu.be/lSgjQt9hSw4 Here's a YouTube video of it hunting before.

Dc5888

With my ATR it done the same thing, on the ATR its sorts it self out, needs to relearn itself again. It's Annoying at first, because when your stopping a lights, or slow moving traffic, it's always hunting. But it did sort it self out. Don't know if it's the same with our DC5, I know on the b series engine, there's a IACV screw that you can adjust to sort this out, but the ATR Didn't have it, and not sure if our DC5 has it.

Hope this helps

Samy888

Advanced Member
Chelt_scene said:
My integra sat for ages and did this.i cleaned out the aivc thing, didn't work. I changed the throttle body which didn't work I blocked off that cold start valve thing which didn't work I tried a few other things which also didn't work so I sat there a redlined it in neutral for about 5-10 seconds. Ran perfect. Lol

http://youtu.be/lSgjQt9hSw4 Here's a YouTube video of it hunting before.
Yep that's what mine is doing... So you redlined it for 10 seconds and it worked fine every time after that? seems odd I plugged mine into the computer and tried to get it to re-learn itself. However no joy. having a j's racing 70rr fitted it's going to be a noisy one lol

Samy888

Advanced Member
Shortstuff said:
Mine did this before and after a map after not being driven for a long time. Good drive sorted it
I tried this too.... Then every time I pulled up to a junction it would start again. It's a bloody challenge in itself when trying to get about in slow moving traffic :(

Dc5888

It look a good week or 2 for me so Atr relearn itself, tried disconnected the battery for 1 hour but that didn't solve it for me

Samy888

Advanced Member
Dc5888 said:
It look a good week or 2 for me so Atr relearn itself, tried disconnected the battery for 1 hour but that didn't solve it for me
Hmm we shall have to see. Considering I would only drive my car once every 2 weeks or so, as suggested I shall try a good bash on the limiter and see it this solves anything haha

Chelt_scene

Advanced Member
Samy888 said:
Yep that's what mine is doing... So you redlined it for 10 seconds and it worked fine every time after that? seems odd I plugged mine into the computer and tried to get it to re-learn itself. However no joy. having a j's racing 70rr fitted it's going to be a noisy one lol
Yep it was the last thing I did mainly due to me being pissed off more than anything I'd spent a few days after work trying various things so tried it and worked.

I had a buddyclub spec4 with all the silencers cut out lol

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
Are you sure you have no vacuum leaks? Never hurts to check. This because it came after the change to the RBC and TB ;)

Jinis dust

Advanced Member
Did you get it sorted? If not then as above, check for vacuum leaks.

Did you calibrate your TPS when swapping throttle body's?

And for the limiter bashing... Well. Deffo don't do it if it hasn't been mapped yet, not with them mods.

Justin

Samy888

Advanced Member
Honda-atr said:
Are you sure you have no vacuum leaks? Never hurts to check. This because it came after the change to the RBC and TB
checked all pipes and dont think there could be any leaks, everything seems lovely and tight. :(

Samy888

Advanced Member
Jinis dust said:
Did you get it sorted? If not then as above, check for vacuum leaks.

Did you calibrate your TPS when swapping throttle body's?

And for the limiter bashing... Well. Deffo don't do it if it hasn't been mapped yet, not with them mods.

Justin
still no luck Justin, and haven't tried the limiter bashing technique yet lol, however i did not calibrate the TPS i but swapped everything
over to the new throttle body. i made extra sure however it was in exactly the same postion on the new Throttle body however. how do you go about calibrating it?

Jinis dust

Advanced Member
Ahh that's not good!well try calibrating the TPS first and see if that does it.I t can either be done on k-manager if your using k-pro. Or you need a multimeter and need to check voltage across the TPS. I'll try and find the info I used for it.

I very much doubt you would have put it back in exactly the same place tbh. As it takes so little movement to alter the voltage.

Justin

Jinis dust

Advanced Member

This is what I followed, didn't get them bang on what's stated here but was close enough.

I'm 99% sure if need to be done in DC too.
Good luck!

Justin

Samy888

Advanced Member
really appreciate that write up justin, will have a go at this and let you know how it goes.

sam