idling high with mods

yosin

Advanced Member
Recently over this weekend I just installed 70mm rbc and 70 s90 tb. I noticed that the idling on start up is very high at around 2000 and even after a drive and in stationary the car idles at around this. Then yesterday it was idling at around 1000 ish but still idles high in stationary at 2000.

However today it started idling on start up at 1000 then close to 3000 in stationary and it was very juddery and started idling erratically - going up and down between 1000-3000.

Prior to the installation of the rbc and tb I already had a tegiwa exhaust manifold on and fuji cat back - and was running perfect.

The car hasn't been mapped yet but is booked in for a map on Monday.

Anybody experienced same issues with these mods? Could it be the car just needs a mapping?

Mark_teg

Staff member
You probably have an air leak.

How was the throttle body gasket?. Did you change it?

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Sounds like an air leak.

Personally I'd take it all off again, make sure your mating surfaces are immaculately clean and your bolts are evenly torqued.

yosin

Advanced Member
I have changed the throttle body gasket as it come with a new one when i purchased the tb.

Could it be the tps sensor needs re calibrating - which the tuner will have to do when it gets mapped ?

I will have another go and take off the tb and give it another once over and see how it goes..

yosin

Advanced Member
Just sprayed some carb cleaner onto the throttle body and noticed the idle moving.. It only happens when i spray onto the bottom part of the throttle body and adapter plate. Thanks you guys.