If I do, what's it worth thread 'yawn'

LeeH

Advanced Member
A draft on my advert for piston heads.

10K would be nice 12 would be better if someone in the know saw all the mods and knew me and my car. (wishful thinking?)

NO! I'm not splitting the mods you vultures!

2002 Honda Integra 2002 in Championship White 39000 miles.

I have owned this for over 3 years since it was imported by a very reputable company called 200BHP cars.

Its has been a weekend car for all this time and has not seen many wet days as its usually sat in the carport all week.

Most of the modifications have been installed and/or bought new from Unit 8 or TDi North and comes with a full service history. This is as follows.

Honda Japan TBC
Unit 8 TBC
Unit 8 TBC
Unit 8 TBC
Unit 8 TBC

10 months TAX and MOT

It has the following modifications that were carefully selected with expensive research to produce one of the finest DC5‘s for sale at the moment.

Over the past 3 years I have put 10,000 pounds into this car and it shows.

It made 260.8@8250 RPM at the fly wheel on their dyno when it was originally mapped at TDI North. The car is around 1250KG which equates to 208BHP/ton

Prices not including labour.

ENGINE/POWER
BuddyClub racing header £700
BuddyClub Spec IV exhaust £450
BuddyClub Condensor £120
BuddyClub short shifter £150
Hondata intake gasket £50
Hondata KPRO and map £1000
Gruppe M Carbon induction kit. £700
RBC Intake manifold. £250
Skunk2 composite fuel £200
Grounding Kit £30
Silicone induction hose SFS £50
Power flex exhaust hangers £20
Power flex gear box mount £20

SUSPENSION/CHASSIS
BuddyClub N+ adjustable coilovers £1000
Camber adjusters front, rear and geometry set up. £300
1mm toe out FRONT
1mm toe in REAR
1.5 degrees negative camber FRONT REAR

J‘s racing strut brace £150
H brace under the engine £50
Progress adjustable rear anti roll bar £200
J‘s racing C pillar bar across the rear seats. £150
Cusco B pillar bars across the front seats £250

WHEELS TYRES & BRAKES
Newly refurbished OEM alloys
Bridgestone RE070 tyres 17x45x225 with only 8K on them at most. £350
AP Dixcel Graphite Metallic brake ‘Z‘ pads FRONT & REAR £250
AP Dixcel slotted disc FRONT REAR £350
OEM Brembo callipers just refurbished.
Motul RBF 600 brake fluid £40
Goodrich hoses. £50

EXTERIOR
USDM rear air diffuser £200
Carbon fibre spoiler with the side painted £250
Carbon fibre wing mirrors £100
TEG private plate £250
Rear privacy (part of the C pack)
Rear wash wipe (part of the C pack)

INTERIOR
Recaro seat covers £50 (just purchased)
Spoon Titanium gear nob. £70
Shift Buzzer set to 8000RPM £150

ICE/SECURITY
Alpine IDA X100 iPOD head unit with TFT screen. £250
Alpine 4 ch amp. £150
Alpine type S front component speakers £90
Alpine type S read co-axial speakers £60
Infinity sub in the boot. £150
You ipod plugs into the glove box via a USB lead. The IPOD interface is then displayed on the screen with your artwork and album information.
Bury hands free. You can buy cradles to match your phone of buy the Bluetooth screen if you wish. It mutes the radio when making a call. £150
Clifford 650 with remote start. £650

MISC
DEFI gauges in pod £1000 for all the gauges, controller and sensors.
-Oil temp
-Oil pressure
-Water temp
-Defi link controller which allows you to set the alarm limits and record the data as you drive.

I‘ve just fitted a brand new Varta battery £42.

Negatives.
It will need re-under sealing next summer.
Usual stone chips.
Pea sized dint in the bonnet.

TyperItr

Advanced Member
Nice add there, it will make the people who know cars interested anyway with the quality stuff there. I would aske for 12 with them mods or nearest offer.

dotty

Advanced Member
Very nice, very nice indeed!

This would have been on my list if I had known you were selling!

LeeH

Advanced Member
Shame that Stu :(

Tegiwa engine torque dampener £60
Spoon Rad cap £40
Skunk2 limited addition Black oil cap. £60
Skunk2 reservoir covers x3 £30
Carbon Plug cover £50

kingston

Advanced Member
id be suprised if you got all that on a ph ad and looking how it looks, maybe just link them to a for sale thread youll do here.

Ill be suprised if anyone cares if it was/wasnt used in the wet, not as if theyll fall apart...

Weekend toy = thrashed

Wouldnt bother with showing the prices, again i wouldnt care what it cost you on price. If people know what there looking at then theyll already know the cost/quality of your products

Youd be best off stating how many mm left on the tyres and new tread depth

Again, unless the persons in the know about suspension settings, it may confuse a simpleton on whats been done, maybe best of leaving it as fast road set-up to x tuners settings.

Is it worth mentioning that all parts are new if youve not kept the receipts - im assuming youve kept them in a folder like a sad lil person i am :lol:

And good to see prices on their way up :xyes: :xcheers: :xcheers:

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Nice spec! 8)

Word of advice though, I would keep it short and simple for PH... you want to appeal to as many people as possible (not just the tech heads!) and listing all that would actually put some people off.

I would put along the lines of:

2002 JDM Honda Integra Type-R DC5 in Championship White with 39k miles and 1 uk owner (me) including 10 months TAX and MOT. Service history and receipts.

Used as a weekend car and has been garaged to avoid the elements!

Over £10,000 pounds spent on upgrades including BuddyClub, Cusco, Defi Gauges and J's Racing parts. Alpine Headunit including amp, upgraded speakers and iPod connection.

260.8bhp@8250 RPM at the flywheel from a Dyno reading at TDI North.

EXCELLENT condition inside and out and very well looked after. Includes Private plate.

Looking for £££££ ONO.

Please contact me if you would like more detailed information on the large selection of performance upgrades this DC5 has.
But thats just me! I have sold a few cars that way... short and simple and ALWAYS positive.
The pictures do the rest!

You dont need to mention stone chips or it needs undersealing, everyone has stone chips and the underseal is up to them to sort. Nor do you need to say about this and that being refurbished, if it all looks great, then the car is in Excellent Condition.

blueguy

Resident J's whore
A shame you are contemplating selling mate, your car has always been one of my favourites on the forum.

£12k is very reasonable but you'll have to find someone in the know to achieve that I reckon. 12k prices a lot of 'newbie' buyers out of the market who won't 'truly' appreciate the spec.

Dibs on the C-pillar bar! jk mate :)

MattDC5

Advanced Member
Think you should be able to get pretty damn close to 12K for that, or alot more if you stripped it.

As said i would remove the price of all mods. If potential buyers know their stuff, and thats probably the section of the market you'll be aiming at, they will know what the mods cost.

You could also try and simplify it a little.

Very nicely modded teg though and such low miles, you'll have no problems shifting.

alfa27

Advanced Member
not to be a vulture but would u not make more returning it to standard and selling the mods

j88 aaf

Advanced Member
sod it, i know you said no vulture, but i'm circling over head and just letting you know that if you break parts from it i am just over the bridge and would possibly like some bits.

shame you're thinking of selling it really. but a nice example like yours with 39k on the clock should easily fetch £9,500 to £10k in a near enough standard state, and god knows you could make over a couple of £k selling / swapping it back to nearer standard.

as for the advert, i'd have to disagree with Porthos, when i bought my dc5 i wanted to know everything about it so having everything written infront of me like you've done would be a great bonus. And even if the buyer doesn't know exactly what each bit of you spec is, they can still see its come from someone who does know, and has looked after the car.

when i sold my B18'd EG the spec was massive, but i took the time to write it all out and it really paid off for me as i had loads of people queuing up to buy it / put down a deposit before even viewing the car.

Grov

Banned
Id say strip it and sell the mods and car seperate. Should get 9k-10k for car, and mods, well im not expert on those, but they would fetch a few 1000 easy....id of thought.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
j88 aaf said:
as for the advert, i'd have to disagree with Porthos, when i bought my dc5 i wanted to know everything about it so having everything written infront of me like you've done would be a great bonus. And even if the buyer doesn't know exactly what each bit of you spec is, they can still see its come from someone who does know, and has looked after the car.
I have to say I am completely the opposite and I avoided heavily modified cars when it came to buying. Insurance is another reason, some people will look at that list and go.... errr no way am I going to get insured on that.... a standard dc5 is going to cost less to insure... and your advert instantly looses appeal.

Eventually the right person will come along, much like yourself, but in advertising, if you want a broad appeal, you just have to simplify. Its one of those well known tested and correct methods of advertising.

Like I put in the advert:
Please contact me if you would like more detailed information on the large selection of performance upgrades this DC5 has.
People in the know will ask, people who are not, wont want to see it.

Grov

Banned
Very true. If you do put the whole lot up for sale, don't be surprised if it doesn't sell for a while, as your seriously limiting your potential buyers with a mod list like that.

Stylesa

Advanced Member
im with porthos.... i would have considered myself one of the 'people in the know' when buying, knowing what mods were good and what werent. But a big list of mods put me off a little bit as you are kind of buying someone else's 'work' if that makes sense. so you kind of isolate your potential buyers to those who are really into modding and don't want to do it themselves or someone who'll buy it for bragging rights down the pub....

Bearing in mind how much you've spent, i think it may be worth advertising it on here for a short while in the hope that you sell it to an enthusiast who can appreciate it and who will maybe give you the price you are looking for. If it doesnt sell id then break it up and sell the parts and put the car back to standard as far as possible. Look at D@ncer's cammed 273bhp that took ages to sell... IMHO you should still get £10k for a standard CW with 39k in excellent condition anyway.

P.S. Dont sell it! You'll miss :xvtec: i've been away from it for 3 weeks (offshore) and im itching to get home!

mike-R

Advanced Member
I fear this car will never get the respect it deserves on pistonheads, sold two cars on there i got offered a turbo's corsa for my 55 ep3 and 10K offer "cash" for my evo advertised at 14K. Although ultimately they did sell.

If it was mine id try sell it through either here, civictype-r, ect ect. A car with that spec deserves a enthusiast.

I know a lad who had to go to an 'interview' to buy an epic jdm FTO off their forum!

LeeH

Advanced Member
All good points and I can see all the augments to a degree.

Tough one.....

Anybody with half a brain can see the huge potential saving but I also see the appeal of a complete standard car. There will be people looking for a DC5 who are on either side of the fence so I will just have to wait until the pepole on my side come along.

But, I'm in no rust what so ever so I won't be giving it away or splitting it.