If it was your car?

Altecians

Advanced Member
scrawnban said:
No they are not. Where they are placed is where the cooling ducts for the brakes are. Anyone that puts fogs in there are taking a huge risk. Honda designed it for maximum cooling due to the over heating issues with the previous type r cars
Actually for the type S they were a factory option under Modulo @ 16,800 JPY.

truupR

Advanced Member
Echoing all of the previous comments really... Spoiler is an absolute must. Totally transforms the car and doesn't cost the earth. The facelift can look awesome with no spoiler. Personally, I don't think that look works for the PFL.

I quite like those alloys, although I'd have them in black. I've got a thing for black alloys and a black/red combo just looks the business if you ask me. If you're wanting to swap the alloys then you've got quite a few to pick from. Quite a few of the Rota range looks great on the DC5's though they're becoming more and more popular so you may want to shop around for something a little different to put your own stamp on the car.

Almost all of it will boil down to opinion though. Just do what you think looks best. You're the one driving it at the end of the day :)

kieranH

Advanced Member
josh93 said:
Does anyone know what the mugen fn2 wheels are called?
There forged mugen GP alloys and from memory think they've been discontinued. Also very expensive as are most mugen products.

MaxJ

Advanced Member
scrawnban said:
No they are not. Where they are placed is where the cooling ducts for the brakes are. Anyone that puts fogs in there are taking a huge risk. Honda designed it for maximum cooling due to the over heating issues with the previous type r cars
A huge risk?

It's a 160 bhp shopping car. (No offence OP)

I could understand if you had the DC5R and were using it on track days that putting the fogs in might slightly lower performance, but there is no way you can say it's a risk even on the R on the roads. Do you think the brakes are going to melt on an approach to a roundabout or something?

scrawnban

MaxJ said:
A huge risk?

It's a 160 bhp shopping car. (No offence OP)

I could understand if you had the DC5R and were using it on track days that putting the fogs in might slightly lower performance, but there is no way you can say it's a risk even on the R on the roads. Do you think the brakes are going to melt on an approach to a roundabout or something?
Think you missed the bit about the type r there ranty macrant..clearly you didn't read my post properly

And clearly you've never Been on a blast on an irish back road. If yours haven't faded your not trying hard enough

kazmo

Advanced Member
scrawnban said:
Anyone that puts fogs in there are taking a huge risk.
bit of an exaggerated stamement, this is an iS, not a type R..
anyways did the iS even have brake ducts as standard.. ? don't think so...

scrawnban

kazmo said:
bit of an exaggerated stamement, this is an iS, not a type R..
anyways did the iS even have brake ducts as standard.. ? don't think so...
F@@k me....I said type R...can you people not read....I know the car is a type s

dave7368

Advanced Member
well thanks for the sound advice, my brake ducts were removed by TGM about 18 months ago to make room for other stuff behind the bumper, i never had any problems with the brakes, but i will be sure to pass on your advice to them next time i'm there...

scrawnban

dave7368 said:
well thanks for the sound advice, my brake ducts were removed by TGM about 18 months ago to make room for other stuff behind the bumper, i never had any problems with the brakes, but i will be sure to pass on your advice to them next time i'm there...
Not pushing her hard enough then kid....they do fade... Just takes effort ;-)

ep3itrdc5

Advanced Member
scrawnban said:
Not pushing her hard enough then kid....they do fade... Just takes effort ;-)
lol, im sure ive seen here somewhere daves brakes are a little different to yours

ep3itrdc5

Advanced Member
but this thread is about an iS which doesnt have brembos. sort of making your point irrelevant as well..hmm

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I'll tell you what, there's some nonsense being posted on this forum of late. Find I'm reading more and more gibberish tripe especially from newbies.

Just feels like it's suddenly become clogged with dross, mainly consisting of bad grammar and spelling errors but just the same stupid sh&t being posted over and over, and over and over again.

Tiresome.

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
kieranH said:
There forged mugen GP alloys and from memory think they've been discontinued. Also very expensive as are most mugen products.
I knew someone who had a set of Mugen GP's for sale. If wanted I could check up on him if he still have them?
Just send me a pm

MaxJ

Advanced Member
scrawnban said:
Think you missed the bit about the type r there ranty macrant..clearly you didn't read my post properly

And clearly you've never Been on a blast on an irish back road. If yours haven't faded your not trying hard enough
Regardless of whether you were talking about the Type R or not, which you didn‘t exactly make clear as the previous post was about both models, 90% of your posts are irrelevant and contribute nothing towards the actual topic the OP has raised.

People use this forum for information, so if you‘re not going to be contributing valuable information, why bother posting at all? Especially if it‘s about admitting you drive like a weapon on public roads.

[SIZE=11pt]Good luck with the car search[/SIZE]

Mark_teg

Staff member
Crazylegs said:
I'll tell you what, there's some nonsense being posted on this forum of late. Find I'm reading more and more gibberish tripe especially from newbies.

Just feels like it's suddenly become clogged with dross, mainly consisting of bad grammar and spelling errors but just the same stupid sh&t being posted over and over, and over and over again.

Tiresome.
THIS!!

Though you're one to talk ;)

Scrawnban - No need to be so hostile and aggressive! Telling people they 'aren't pushing hard enough!' is hardly the way to make friends!

Oh, and you are talking rubbish too!

Now, the topic was about the OP's wheels >

scrawnban

MaxJ said:
Regardless of whether you were talking about the Type R or not, which you didn‘t exactly make clear as the previous post was about both models, 90% of your posts are irrelevant and contribute nothing towards the actual topic the OP has raised.

People use this forum for information, so if you‘re not going to be contributing valuable information, why bother posting at all? Especially if it‘s about admitting you drive like a weapon on public roads.

Good luck with the car search
All to there own I suppose. Cheers for your input

scrawnban

Mark_teg said:
THIS!!

Scrawnban - No need to be so hostile and aggressive! Telling people they 'aren't pushing hard enough!' is hardly the way to make friends!

cheers

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Mark_teg said:
THIS!!

Ha ha!

Fair enough, but at least I don't chat nonsense. Some of the crap posted by some posters on here is not worth reading, it's like it's written by a bunch of 8 year olds, in fact that's an insult to 8 year olds.