If selling (OEM form or Modded)

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Ok guys year three of ownership and I love the car, however I have a potential opportunity for a project I really want (if the car's in the condition I have been told it's in) and although I would not have to sell the DC5 I think I would so I could buy a second car (aside form the project) which would be my daily driver.

I was just wondering what peoples experiences are or views around my car and the spec and whether I would be better off selling as is or in oem form and selling the parts separately (as I have kept everything literally that's been removed).

My build threads here - http://www.itr-dc5.club/forum/index.php?/topic/45151-carls-cw-2002-dc5-project-restoration-tgm-repaint-pages-567/

The spec is as below, I just can't decide whether to fully oem it, sell as is or sell as a lesser modded car with some of the parts sold on separately (both oem and after market):

Car & Exterior:
Championship White 2002 Integra DC5 (C-Pack)
Full fresh repaint by TGM throughout May & June 2017 with full documentation of all the work carried out and the imperfections rectified
Optional extra Honda access wind deflectors

Engine Spec:
Spoon Yellow Rocker Cover
DC Sport Racing Manifold (with built in Decat)
Fujitsibu RM01A Manifold Back System (Purchased new from Torque GT June 2018)
AEM V2 Long arm Cold Air Intake located in the front bumper with an Injen Hydroshield
K100 ECU - Mapped by Romain in (Oct 2018) – 214.1whp which is 249.6bhp at the flywheel
New Honda OEM Clutch and fresh gearbox fluids with full gear and gearbox inspection completed at the same time (Fitted by TGM Sport in Fleet in June 2018)
New RTS Lightweight Flywheel (Fitted by TGM Sport in Fleet with the clutch in June 2018)
NGK Laser Iridium Spark Plugs (HONDA K-SERIES F-SERIES IFR7G-11KS) - (Oct 2018)
Energy Front Engine Mount Inserts fitted in a brand new OEM new Front Engine Mount (Oct 2017)
Clockwise Baffled Sump (Oct 2017)
OEM Inlet & Spark Plug covers painted Black to compliment the Spoon Yellow Rocker Cover
Genuine Blue Mugen oil cap
Genuine Blue Spoon Socks
Blue Battery Tie
Millers Oils NANODRIVE CFS 5w-40 NT+ Full Synthetic Engine Oil (2017) version (Oct 2017)
Hamp Oil Filter (Oct 2017)

Chassis / Suspension Spec:
Genuine Mugen front strut brace
Bilstein B16 PSS9 Coil overs (Feb 2019)
Hardrace rear camber arms (Feb 2019)
2 x sets of Eibach camber bolts (Feb 2019)
SuperPro Front Suspension Compliance Poly Bushes (Oct 2108)

Brakes Spec:
RED HEL Braided Brake Lines all-round (Oct 2017)
Refurbished Calipers all-round with new Brembo stickers (Oct 2017)
Brembo Discs all round (Oct 2017)
Project Mu HC+800 Front pads (May 2019)
Dixcel ES Pads all round (Oct 2017)
Motul RBF 660 Brake Fluid (Oct 2017)

Interior Moddifications:
Genine Mugen Gearknob
Optional extra Honda access parcel shelf
To-Box C-Pillar Bar - To-Box manufacture & supply many parts for other companies to brand & sell including Cusco & J's Racing
90% of the interior Modulo trim (Air vent surrounds, Door trim bits, silver ring around the gearstick)
Custom black tailored interior floor mats
Red Recaro Pole Position (Sept 2018)
Genuine Recaro seat bolster protectors (Dec 2018)
Green Takata Race 3" Harness (Sept 2018)
Integra DC5 Type R Harness Bar (Nov 2018)

Additional Exterior Changes:
J‘s Racing Front & Benz Rear Red Tow Eye Hooks custom powder coated in Brembo Red (June 2018)
Beatrush front number plate relocator
Brand new OEM headlights (March 2017)

Parts still to fit/Spares removed for road only use:
Genuine Mugen rear strut brace
Genuine Mugen strut brace replacement stickers
* Dixcel ES Front Pads removed (May 2019) 95% life left *

Obviously this will only be fully considered once I have viewed the other car but I love bringing these cars back to their former glory as I have this one so feel it's right up my street.

What are you thoughts?

Thanks Carl

skengdR

Advanced Member
Id sell oem or with less mods and make some money from the parts.

With all the mods the price tag might be too high for some .

Maybe put it up for sale as is first then make adjustments depending on the interest.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Agreed- Some bits can definitely come off as it would probably be no added value for the new owner and you'll get more back selling them separately

i.e the parts i just whatsapp'd you for ;) haha.

I'm finding it hard to let go on the teg. I wrote out a complete for sale advert and was was about to post it in the for sale section, but just couldn't bring myself to click 'Post'

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Id sell oem or with less mods and make some money from the parts.

With all the mods the price tag might be too high for some .

Maybe put it up for sale as is first then make adjustments depending on the interest.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Thanks mate as I was thinking

Agreed- Some bits can definitely come off as it would probably be no added value for the new owner and you'll get more back selling them separately

i.e the parts i just whatsapp'd you for ;) haha.

I'm finding it hard to let go on the teg. I wrote out a complete for sale advert and was was about to post it in the for sale section, but just couldn't bring myself to click 'Post'
Yeah I know what you mean but I would still be Honda based mate just another one and yeah will keep you posted on things once I view the car and decide if I want the project or not, this is the third project I have considered this year and the right one will be bought and at TGM for restoration...

It would be a shame to see this one go and like I say I wouldn't have to sell it but I don't have anywhere to store it as still looking to sell and move to another home and until then I don't have enough space for a third car :-(

Crackfox

Advanced Member
I'd defiantly strip some of the parts off. i imagine the strut braces' for example would be worth way more off the car, as long as something is back in its place i dont think a buying would care. If you need an OEM ECU i can do a straight swap with you :)

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Crackfox said:
I'd defiantly strip some of the parts off. i imagine the strut braces' for example would be worth way more off the car, as long as something is back in its place i dont think a buying would care. If you need an OEM ECU i can do a straight swap with you :)
I think facelift and prefacelift ECU's are different? The OEM units are anyway due to immobiliser's etc on the FL model.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Thanks mate I would (if stripping it) look for a cash and oem ecu deal for the mapped K100 however as Reggie said I think they differ between PFL and FL and also if someone wants the map to be plug and play then ideally they'd want the whole cars setup:

Induction
Mani
Catback
ECU

Else the ecu would need to be mapped to their cars parts accordingly.

Crackfox

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Thanks mate I would (if stripping it) look for a cash and oem ecu deal for the mapped K100 however as Reggie said I think they differ between PFL and FL and also if someone wants the map to be plug and play then ideally they'd want the whole cars setup:

Induction
Mani
Catback
ECU

Else the ecu would need to be mapped to their cars parts accordingly.
Yeah I know, was only pulling your leg mate.

Crackfox

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
You could have all of it mate ? Or the car :)
If I wasn't already in trouble with the boss for the suspension I'd have had your Mugen Front Strut

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Go with your gut feeling mate and sell the car. I'd also strip the parts off and sell if you have the time.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

TomNorris

Advanced Member
I think you'd be better off returning it to stock mate.
A lot of people will be put off a car with such an extensive list of mods and those who aren't probably wont be willing to pay the price for them.
You'll probably get more money and more interest selling the car and parts separately.