If you have an AI606 Toad alarm and hate the range it has.. (Fix inside)

adam.

Advanced Member
So I was tracing my alarm wiring behind the dash to try and fix why it wouldn't flash the indicators when arming/disarming.

I found the control box easily (not going to say where it is!) and couldn't believe how short the antenna cable is/was. So I grabbed a length of cable that was left over from my head unit install and ran it up the a pillar and over the door aperture, crimping it to the end of the antenna.

I can now lock and unlock from over 40ft!

It's the little things, I'm much happier! :D

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
If i remember right, the control of the blinking indicators is done via the smaller buttons on the fob

adam.

Advanced Member
Yeah you can 'silently' arm/disarm using the fob.

My fault was dodgy fuse and associated wiring near the fuse box just below the steering column.

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
I had issues with the wiring on mine by the fuse box.

will be looking to sort antenna as the tiny range drives me mad.

adam.

Advanced Member
I thought I'd broken or shorted something as it started beeping when locked/armed.

Boot was open. :D

itrboi

Advanced Member
Slightly off topic but can you program it to chirp on arm/disarm ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
itrboi said:
Slightly off topic but can you program it to chirp on arm/disarm ?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Edit....

yes you can if you know your alarm pin..

spooke

Advanced Member
Fez said:
Ooo my alarm is crap range! I'll try it! Thank you.
Mine too, I literally have to be 1ft away from it to get it to lock/unlock... Will definitely do this, although I don't want want 40ft of range haha!

adam.

Advanced Member
spooke said:
Mine too, I literally have to be 1ft away from it to get it to lock/unlock... Will definitely do this, although I don't want want 40ft of range haha!
That one night that the alarm goes off at 2am on a rainy windy night, I'm going to be so glad I can disarm it from inside the house!

spooke

Advanced Member
adamlstr said:
That one night that the alarm goes off at 2am on a rainy windy night, I'm going to be so glad I can disarm it from inside the house!
Good point haha, I was more worried about accidentally unlocking it - but it auto-locks right?

adam.

Advanced Member
Yeah, I think it does.

If I unlock mine, and open a door that's not the drivers, it goes off.

Pretty sure they do whatever they like. :D

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Assume it's the same for most radio alarms. This is the only thing I dislike about my teg.

Some days I feel like I'd need to smash a window just to get close enough.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

kyle'87

Advanced Member
I also noticed this a while back, couldn't believe how small the antenna was! Surprised it even unlocked when I was stood next to my car. Good to know it can be extended and works successfully :thumbsup:

impne

Advanced Member
My antenna must be 1cm long the trouble I have getting in

I'll have to take a look at this