If you want a shed go buy this

qamvti

Advanced Member
I would not put this up put I am so annoyed. Here's my story called this guy to buy his car asked if it for still for sale he says yes it is. I said coming from Leeds so please give me a clear picture of the car as he was located in Glasgow. He says car is perfect no problem and the body is in top condition. Any way got there and the cars got two big dents in the roof rust on both arches, rust on doors. Water in the boot with rust and hole , mos on the spoiler. Seats very dirty, and to top it off it idles at 2000 rpm. Time waster.

Here a link guys to the ad them picture must have been take when he got it.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201408276919248/sort/default/make/honda/quicksearch/true/postcode/bd181pg/radius/1500/model/integra/usedcars/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/page/1?logcode=p

Kam

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
He says - This car is top condition :xaiweb6:

God know's what he thinks a rough one would be like.

T.G.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Mate of mine had a similar thing happen with a different car I took him to go view. Over 400 miles round trip wasted. We travelled so far we offered to still buy provided it was a sizeable discount. I think we said £1k off asking price which was reasonable when we listed all the work it needed doing. He wouldn't drop by a penny.

Then just to top it off my mate had a call off the seller the following day asking if they could negotiate. You can imagine the sort of response!

Don't blame you for putting it up at all mate. Liars and time wasters should be shamed. May help someone else avoid wasting their time.

Gerard DC5

Advanced Member
I'd be raging at that too. I'd have been put off by the fact hes listed it as a 1.8 so would wonder if they actually had a clue about the car. Never see that one about Glasgow either.

qamvti

Advanced Member
Thanks for your support makes me feel a little better. Serious but even if he said take it for £5000 I would not have it was that bad.

I sold my first DC5 3 years ago with 45000 miles looked like it just left the showroom sold it in one day at the asking price someone from the forum bought it if your selling let me know I deleted all the pms.

emmsyDC5xx

Advanced Member
Such a shame for you!! I've seen that ad and thought it looked really nice too :)
Can't stand liars like that - waste your time & money and it's not like you won't notice the defects when you get there is it!!!

Sorry it wasn't the DC5 you hoped it would be :(

I had a similar experience when my chap was looking for as other DC2 we saw one up not far from Inverness - were in North Yorkshire. He had lots of phone calls with her, asked for extra pictures arches etc. and asked the most important question atleast twice
"Does it burn any oil and does it smoke in or out of Vtec?" To which both were answered no it doesn't!
So Friday night fare work 3.5 hour drive, booked in a Holiday Inn or something in Perth, carried on Saturday morning to view it - the insurance was in place for it as we'd be taking it that day if I was as described.
Got there ENGINE was warm - my other half is a mechanic so straight away he was like why's the engine warm? Been for some milk was the answer.
There was a lot more paintwork damage than described.

My chap got her other half to drive so he could see how they drove it I stayed at the house 20 mins later he was back - got out with a face like thunder "It smokes!!"' I thought he was joking so I was like what on Vtec? He was like no all the time when you accelerate you can see it coming out the back looking in the rear view mirror and Vtecs even worse.

He was so angry - they just stood there and said nothing ......

Don't get these kind of people :(

Stuarty

Advanced Member
Going by the pics alone it looks a minter aswell. I feel for you mate, theres nothing worse than making an effort to travel all that way to find its not what you were promised. You should ask on here first if you want someone to view it, Im in Glasgow and wouldnt mind viewing a car for someone up here to save them a wasted journey. Im a mechanic to trade plus love my Hondas ;)

I try my best when selling a car, I always make sure the car is in absolute tip top condition spending money on it getting it perfect for a would be buyer. My last car I spend £500 on a full suspension kit, 2x droplinks and a service 2 weeks before I sold it because I wasnt happy giving it to a new owner with kit that was on it. My thinking is I would like the same happen to me when I buy a car.

sheeraz19823

Advanced Member
Your joking! Ive booked a train ticket to go see this and its a 300mile journey! Hes told me its 100% good nick no problems. Did you take any pictures when you were there?

Mark_teg

Staff member
sheeraz19823 said:
Texted the guy hes saying otherwise? Dont know what to do now! Make the trip or look elsewhere
He's hardly going to admit to faults by the sound of it! I know who I'd trust, the unbiased view above.

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
I'd cancel your train ticket bud, unless there is a personal gripe, why would the OP say what he did about the car.

Is a shame as the car looks really clean in the pictures other than the non OEM mats.

Perhaps a situation when you ask someone on the forum who is more local to look first before making a journey, sure some of the locals would be more than happy to help!

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Craigdb said:
Or buy mine lol
Don't take this the wrong way bud but you are going to get more interest if you can get some pictures onto the forum.

Create a PhotoBucket account, free, upload you pictures and copy the IMG tags over.

Mark_teg

Staff member
Craigdb said:
I have got a 360 video of my car if u want to see it
You'll get more interest if you don't use text talk on the forum!

ie. you'll get to keep your account ;)