im soooo glad i dont drive a Poobaru or a member on this forum...

sovietspybob

Advanced Member
I now own a scooby but that pretty much sums up the reasons why I still hang around here rather than over on scoobynet!

dave7368

Advanced Member
:D plenty of bicthing lol....

imagine the reaction if someone mentioned the gay pink badges they have too!!!

:lol:

dave c

400hp K20
OMG they are so narrow minded :xaiweb6: Annoyed me just reading that thread. The majority on there have old thinking and dont seem to understand cars haha.

Yeah this forum seems to be a breath of fresh air compared to most xthumbup

As the topic turned into why FI on FWD and speaking from entirely my own experience, I currently have 400bhp through the front wheels and the Honda chassis holds it effortlessly. Granted you would get more understeer if you drove it like a chump but good tyres and a bit of throttle control and its no problem at all.

1st gear is boost limited to 5psi, 2nd gear slowly ramps up to 8psi as the revs build then 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th you get a full 17psi and a massive smile. I'd like to "think" I can beat most things now :twistednod but need to take it on track really to test it as you can't appreciate it fully on the road...well not all the time :green:

Grov

Banned
He's got a 996 GT3 i think. Don't worry, he's probably butchered it like he did with his Teg. lol. Which reminds me anyone bought your car yet Kingston? :D

kingston

Advanced Member
Oh i dont know, non-owners getting bitchy at owners is kinda in keeping with the scooby thread :xgrin:

larz

Advanced Member
they think the scooby is a nice looking car? man, love is blind :)

I'll stick with me teg, regardless of it being slower than a frustrated family car :) That said, they do sound lovely :)

davidpingu

Advanced Member
All I've had off my mates since I've bought my Teg is "you could have bought an Impreza, Evo, M3, ST, etc etc, THEY'RE MUCH FASTER" :xboring:

People just don't get it do they? There's so much more to a car than going fast! And the Teg hardly makes a meal out of a quarter mile as it is!

Grov

Banned
All I've had off my mates since I've bought my Teg is "you could have bought an Impreza, Evo, M3, ST, etc etc, THEY'RE MUCH FASTER" :xboring:

People just don't get it do they? There's so much more to a car than going fast! And the Teg hardly makes a meal out of a quarter mile as it is!
And then do you reply with, an ST is actually slower, as are certain impreza's and Evo's if it's not from a standstill lol. teg with breathing mods is a match for an M3 id of thought, so tell them to FOAD lol.

Also do they not include running costs? Your mates are idiots.

brucey87

Advanced Member
lol at the honda haters. think people hate hondas so much because they know they are fast for what they are without a turbo. remember giving a 350bhp pulsar a good go (started to pull on it as i got into 6th but ran out of road) he was shocked as he expected to leave my dc5 in the distance. vtec yo! lol

@ 6two1 - haha thats class! soo true

cpoh

Advanced Member
I dont know lads, think a lot of fellas on here have blinkers on regarding dc5's.

Standard v standard the original late 90's sti is a much better drive than the dc5 and quite a bit faster too. They handle really really well. An evo6/8/9 are the same, theyre a better performance car than the dc5, they have just as much feel as the dc5, handle better and are faster too. Then you have the E46 M3, put aside running costs, reliability and how "common" they are - these machines are a fantastic drive and superior to the DC5 in every way.

Aside from being better on juice, cheaper to run and more reliable the DC5 comes up short against these guys - they are rightly acknowledged as being top class performance cars.

Dont get me wrong, i love my DC5 and own it as a daily runaround becuase its got decent performance and is cheap to run for the performance you get but id drive an evo or scooby as a runaround in a heartbeat if i could afford the petrol and service costs.