Importers

impne

Advanced Member
Anyone know a good importer
My first was with Andy 200bhp which was outstanding service but I don‘t believe he‘s in the business now.
Second torque which I‘d rather forget about.
Any others out there

Mebz

Advanced Member
impne said:
Anyone know a good importer
My first was with Andy 200bhp which was outstanding service but I don‘t believe he‘s in the business now.
Second torque which I‘d rather forget about.
Any others out there
Andy is still in business, company is called bhp imports now.

impne

Advanced Member
I‘ve always been tempted with a turbo 2

But you just think for the price they go for you can get so much more

ste01

Advanced Member
If you like it, go for it :) you can get a lot more car than DC5s to be fair. 10k for a civic with a spoiler ;) lol

impne

Advanced Member
I‘ve had alsorts but keep going back to the DC5 just something about the handling just love them

The only one I haven‘t had is an FD2, never been in one but I keep looking at them. It‘s just the family car look that keeps pushing me towards other cars even though I‘m told the handling is another step up

I might just see what pops up first with Andy a DC5 or FD2 and go for it

ste01

Advanced Member
I find the DC5 strange that when I have one I want something else but if I don't have one I like them again haha. What's your budget? I'm on the fence of selling mine (despite having an exhaust coming from Japan) it's been here under a year (less than couple thousand dry miles) and not a daily so is pretty much a fresh import still

impne

Advanced Member
I haven‘t looked into budget yet

Mine got hit at the weekend only very light but they‘re going to either write off or give me cash to fix it myself

I bought it for £12k with 50k 2016 and it‘s only done a few miles since. It mainly site in the garage.

Ins getting back to me next week so I‘ll know more then, hopefully they won‘t pull my trousers down over the price

It could be very easily fixed but they‘re not interested, drives no problem.

It might be I make a deal, strip the bits I‘ve put on it and buy another.

I‘d like to keep the engine and see about fitting that into my Citroen visa gti or my daughters Logo lol

carl hammond

Advanced Member
impne said:
I‘ve had alsorts but keep going back to the DC5 just something about the handling just love them

The only one I haven‘t had is an FD2, never been in one but I keep looking at them. It‘s just the family car look that keeps pushing me towards other cars even though I‘m told the handling is another step up

I might just see what pops up first with Andy a DC5 or FD2 and go for it
I am the same and in a similar boat, had pretty much every car to date I have wanted to own and ended up coming back to an Integra (not the DC2 like before but the DC5). Was speaking to the gf and said there is something about it so it's more likely I will keep it and buy another toy also at this rate. There is just something about the Integra (both models) that's addictive, I think its more the on track side of it where they are a real David and Goliath car and hold there own against huge, expensive and powerful machines.

The point made about there being so many other cars out there is so true, this is why I use mine as best I can all year round as it's only a circa 10K car at the end of the day, but the fun and smiles per miles is above what many other cars can offer.

One of my fav all time cars owned was my pair of Pulsars, tbh the 325hp one was much more fun than my 400whp one as it was more drivable. Old school classics like the Mazda Turbo and Micra always appealed to me and one car I have yet to own and considered is also the FD2.

For me yes it is a better, stiffer chassis but I just can't get past certain angles of it, they are amazing cars but the DC5 looks so much nicer and is far smaller and I love the rear seats folding down etc to make the DC5 huge inside which cannot be done or said with an FD2 :-(

ste01

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Why don't you look at RX7's? Andy and Baz will be able net you a lovely example.
They're a pain in the ass. They are so bad for boost leaks, vacuum leaks etc and some of the parts are a fortune now. I've considered one myself, spoke to Torque GT about them as I know Darren had one. Just sounded like too much effort

carl hammond

Advanced Member
They're a pain in the ass. They are so bad for boost leaks, vacuum leaks etc and some of the parts are a fortune now. I've considered one myself, spoke to Torque GT about them as I know Darren had one. Just sounded like too much effort
THey are as good as their previous maintenance tbh, like any car there will be good and bad examples, they do however drink oil (nearly as much as they do fuel lol. However to drive they are far from normal and very very capable.

I always thought they felt like a mini NSX-R to me having been lucky enough to drive both regularly for a very long period of time, the RX7 was light, nimble and very very fun (was a Type RS)

The only issue is history, not knowing how they have been driven and maintained in the past

ste01

Advanced Member
Yeah agree with that about history, same with all cars to be fair. I just meant the rat's nest of pipes and tubing under the bonnet. With it's age and sheer amount of it, nearly all fresh imports would have issues there from what I've heard

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Yeah agree with that about history, same with all cars to be fair. I just meant the rat's nest of pipes and tubing under the bonnet. With it's age and sheer amount of it, nearly all fresh imports would have issues there from what I've heard
Oh got ya, yeah I know what you mean, that said half the DC5's have come over need something done to them, they are all old cars at the end of the day. I think the newest import I ever had was my first R33 GTR V-Spec and that was a 1995 car and I imported it in 2000 (only 5 yrs old) and it was very very clean but still not 100% (mainly a few scratches here and there) so nowadays it's sometimes better to buy something already here (if the maintenance and cares been put in properly).

I have come so close to selling my 5 now on a number of occasions but for some reason just keep it, I think it's because I regretted selling my DC2 the day after I sold it. I wanted it back but 6 days later I received a letter from a recovery company saying I owe them a lot of money for storage. Yep you got it the guy wrote it off within a few days of buying it, so fast that the letters came to me as the DVLA hadn't even managed to change the docs etc.

I think the Integra is (like the EK9) an iconic N/A with a cult following, very few and specific people buy them and fully understand them, but those who do reap the rewards when they are used where they were built to be driven. The circuit :)

ollieh17

Advanced Member
think you just always want what you don't have. The best way to not want anything else is to get the teg on a track.

ste01

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Oh got ya, yeah I know what you mean, that said half the DC5's have come over need something done to them, they are all old cars at the end of the day. I think the newest import I ever had was my first R33 GTR V-Spec and that was a 1995 car and I imported it in 2000 (only 5 yrs old) and it was very very clean but still not 100% (mainly a few scratches here and there) so nowadays it's sometimes better to buy something already here (if the maintenance and cares been put in properly).

I have come so close to selling my 5 now on a number of occasions but for some reason just keep it, I think it's because I regretted selling my DC2 the day after I sold it. I wanted it back but 6 days later I received a letter from a recovery company saying I owe them a lot of money for storage. Yep you got it the guy wrote it off within a few days of buying it, so fast that the letters came to me as the DVLA hadn't even managed to change the docs etc.

I think the Integra is (like the EK9) an iconic N/A with a cult following, very few and specific people buy them and fully understand them, but those who do reap the rewards when they are used where they were built to be driven. The circuit :)
Well summed up. That's the kind of thing that is making me probably keep my integra. I will probably be moving it up to the daily because I can still enjoy it and they aren't that high maintenance or costly. Then I want to get something more thirsty/unusual for weekends or whatever. Think tegs do better being used a lot too. My last one was low mileage, and I used it very infrequently and I could tell when j drove it. My current one just feels better the more it's used, then if it sits for a while you can feel it tighten up and need a drive. Reminds me of some early 90's cars I've had haha