Importing a DC5

tegvic

Im looking to import a DC5 and i've looked at a lot of import dealers websites but they all are importing facelift models with low miles and grade 4 auction sheets.

However, due to the little driving I actually do (4000 miles per year) I really don't mind one with a few more miles and a pre facelift. I have contacted a lot of places via email but no one has got back to me at all so far

Is there anywhere that does import slightly less than mint cars even interior can be rotten as it'll be dumped lol

Cheers for any info

Si

impne

Advanced Member
Andy at 200bhp cars

Top chap and will get you any spec, age, condition car you require

tegvic

Anyone else I have contacted him only yesterday so I know i''m jumping the gun a bit but it would be interesting to know if there is anyone else

dc5ian

Advanced Member
"Im looking to import a DC5 and i've looked at a lot of import dealers websites but they all are importing facelift models with low miles and grade 4 auction sheets."

IVE BEEN LOOKING/ BIDDING FOR A LOW MILEGE FACELIFT... VERY VERY HARD TO FIND.. MAYB IM LOOKING IN THE WRONG PLACE

hsvgtsuk

Bought mine in through Autoadvan (google it to find details).

You put a deposit of £500 down, then they give you a log on to a Japaneese auction web site. The web site allows you to look at all the major auction houses offerings for the next two days. Basic pictures shown, but there is a scan of the auction sheet.

Find the car you like and e-mail Autoadvan with a "landed" UK cost that you want to pay. Remeber, that after this you will still need to pay for the SVA and registration.

They will work back the figures (shipping, tax, etc) and come up with a maximum bid cost. They then bid on your behalf and you wait.

Don't expect to win the first car you look at, you will need to look at a couple (mind you its adictive... in some ways I was dissapointed when I won mine!).

They then organise the shipping and about two months later, the car turns up.

So, would I do it again?

Hell yes! It was bloody marvelous and great fun!

If you want any advice PM me.

impne

Advanced Member
I know what you mean about these auction sites been adictive.

I've got my car through Andy but keep looking on the auction sites :roll: today a blue 2001 c-pack with only 1000kms went through and for not a lot of money :shock: I'll have to close down my account before it drives me nuts.

morgan

Advanced Member
I found mine (or the soon to be mine) on an auction site and Andy checked it out and bid for me.

I too am having to wean myself off the auction sites. Addicitve alright...

200BHPCARS

Cars Trader
Hi morgan,

just got the pics in from our agent on your car.

check out the For sale section for full spec.... :D :D

Andy

200BHPCARS

Cars Trader
impne said:
I know what you mean about these auction sites been adictive.

I've got my car through Andy but keep looking on the auction sites :roll: today a blue 2001 c-pack with only 1000kms went through and for not a lot of money :shock: I'll have to close down my account before it drives me nuts.
Dont worry Lee, we had an inspection done on this car and my agent said it was more like Grade 3.5 outside - despite low miles...

Theres more to importing that just Grade sheets!! :wink:

You will love you car mate, not too long to go now...
:D :D

impne

Advanced Member
No probs Andy....I can't wait.

by the way the alloys are at my house, a mix up with garage, he said I had to pick up and then when my mate did he said as agreed you were picking them up? to late then though

Just give me a buzz when you have car and ready for the bits and I'll bring them up...cheers

impne

Advanced Member
Camera has broken and now mobile phone has as well so not able to :( using a brick for a phone until the new one arrives.

It's given me the chance to apply that poorboy polish stuff to the alloys before they go on the car though, took ages...not doing it again..Angela wasn't too happy me doing it in the living room either :D