Importing from Ireland to UK

JohnnyB

We've imported car's from the UK and Japan and obviously have original Irish one's as well.

In my experience the worst one's I've encountered are from the UK.

There are enthusiasts everyone, all depends on the one car.

Most Japanese cars that are imported recently enough are usually in decent condition.

TypeRiter

Advanced Member
Just looking at that done deal site. Why are DC5's generally so much cheaper in Ireland? A couple of those are at the price "lemons" go for in the UK and they don't look all that bad, as far as an ad goes.

Is there a reason?

cpoh

Advanced Member
Just looking at that done deal site. Why are DC5's generally so much cheaper in Ireland? A couple of those are at the price "lemons" go for in the UK and they don't look all that bad, as far as an ad goes.

Is there a reason?
Our cars are cheaper in general in ireland. Add to that as a nation we are much more into our performance cars than the uk and have a much larger proportion of performance cars v's normal cars on our roads compared to the uk. There are probably more DC5's in ireland than the uk and we only have 4 million people living here. Cars like skylines, silvias, 350z's, M3s, evos, dc2/5's, ek9s are all plentiful on irish roads and the demand is lower as a result. Combine that with the large increase in petrol costs and our new car tax regime and the interest has gone out of performance cars here unfortunately.

For the life of me i cant understand why more fellas arent coming over here for more performance bargins.

TyperItr

Advanced Member
Also our economy is shagged and its mainly the younger generation who like these cars, a lot of these people are emegrating to get a job. So the market for them has reduced a huge amount, add to this no money to run them which as stated above is very expensive here and as you can see the price is gone cheap relative to the uk. 3 of 4 yrs ago they were more expensive over here, i saved 7k getting mine from the UK compared to the irish price then. I cant understand it either, even when selling anything from Ireland its rare to get a UK buyer no matter the price or quality

JohnnyB

As what the lads have said above a lot of factors to consider about the prices of performance cars in Ireland. I've advertised a few cars on UK sites and got a good bit of interest but none what so ever have followed threw. Find it quite difficult to sell cars outside Ireland .

S

stwteg

Good examples are few and far between. I was first ro of my car in Ireland brought her in in january 2008 and kept her 4 years- regular services, never crashed or damaged, scrubbed every weekend. Very much loved. Only other immaculate examples I've seen are Larz and darquinns cars. All the others have be owned by half of ireland and have been dogged around the place. Engines blow- serious crash damage etc. mine was sold without even advertising- good price too- well for this market. Good ones are out there but hard to find.

TyperItr

Advanced Member
In the process of exporting my car from ireland back into the UK. MOT on monday, insurance letter coming in next week and then off to the DVLA on Wed to register it on GB plates. Luckly i bought it from the UK 3 years ago and the DVLA still have records on the car so it should be easier.

TyperItr

Advanced Member
Before you go ahead with this there is a big problem. I just found out today. To import a car now to the UK the speedo has to have "BOTH" MPH and KPH indicators on the speedo. Just liek teh RSX one. Single MPH or Single KPH wont work

Must be like this