Importing New Type R questions

mikegsi

Staff member
you can get a white dc5 integra type r, just not brand new within your budget, dont waste your time with a civic, trust me, its a different league altogether.

there are loads of good integras out there, theres one for sale on here for £12k, a CW one too...... thats a bargain any day of the week, get it bought and stop asking silly questions!!! :wink: :D

Evs

Advanced Member
I have to admit that I really admired your mad idea about buying a DC5 and driving it home. Epic! :xnworthy: :D

But now a magnolia EP3? Talk about going from the sublime to the ridiculous... :roll: :xno: xthumbsdown

lewissheridan

mikegsi said:
you can get a white dc5 integra type r, just not brand new within your budget, dont waste your time with a civic, trust me, its a different league altogether.

there are loads of good integras out there, theres one for sale on here for £12k, a CW one too...... thats a bargain any day of the week, get it bought and stop asking silly questions!!! :wink: :D
You're right, but I guess the peace of mind factor of a new car has persuaded me over the ITR. Honda are doing 3 years 0% interest on min 30% deposit. Plus the g/friend has fallen in love with the black civic type r.. and she was never keen on the TEG because it would be out of warranty and such..

oh well, this will be my first honda, i can get a TEG a little later plus i got a good deal on insurance for the type-r. £1100 from Tesco. Which for 25 years old, 2 years no claims and clean license i think is better than the £1800 + quotes i was getting for the TEG. Just seems to make sense... .i think the TEG will have to be my next car though :(

Right all i need to do is find someone to buy my classic toyota mr2 mark 1.. ;0) btw, it's white! :p

CoreEng

buying a car in japan is not easy and to register it is a nightmare you must have an address in Japan a parking lot with a signed & stamped declration from its owner (around 200pounds for this paper + 1months parking charge you must pay monthly at around). also an ikan-shoma (a certificate of name stamp that has been registered with the goverment which you must pay for) etc... which are all reviewed & verified by the police before you are even allowed to purchase the car. There is alot of other stuff but in a nut shell after clearing police review it will take around 1month to get your car if used & 2+ months if new.

car deelers in japan will not sell you a car for shipping so if your planing to buy it while in japan and ship it use an agent or go through the above hassel then live in japan for 6months aand you can ship it as a personal shipment so you pay 0duty, 0tax, no advanced SVA & no type report required!

note: - That when i bought my car new in japan it cost a total (including all taxes & options) 3547,000yen (Approx 18,668.42pounds)

Gavin

lewissheridan

Just want to end this thread to say i finally bought a brand new CTR Prem Edt. in black, collecting next Saturday. Thanks for all your useful advice on the importing costs and so forth for the ITR. I guess with that said i'll be jumping over the to the CTR forum as my new home.

Thanks again.

mikegsi

Staff member
till you cant hold back and change to the dc5, most of us came through that route!! :D

danmoz98

Re: Driving around the world for your Type-R

lewissheridan said:
Has anyone considered flying to Japan, purchasing the vehicle, and then ferrying it to China, then driving it across USSR/Russia then through Europe to France. And then ferrying it across ?

Someone has suggested i do this ? If I did... would any other crazy people want to do the same ?

Also, i'm not sure how this all works, but if i drive the car back into the UK with Jap plates, then will customs pick me up ?

If not, then could i do the E-SVA conversions via an independent, or do i require some sort of customs certificate ?

And i suppose there is the question of whether i can purchase a car in Japan without a japanese residency, i don't see why not. I could even claim tax back when leaving the country ? I think i'm getting a bit desparate for a ITR now.. :0) but one things for certain i'll definately by a tom-tom gps navigator if i were insane enough to do the above. I think distance wise it's less than 10k miles :0)...

Just a random thought for now...
I'm surprised that not a single person mentioned the cost of fuel for this little jaunt. 6000miles of fuel? How much do you think that's going to set you back? They get what? 250-300miles (going from that previous thread) on a full tank if lucky? About £1k on fuel then?