In debate

Jk90

I'm in a real debate as to cars, I bought the dc5 to have a bit of a more practical reliable car, there really good cars but coming from a 600bhp supra it's a big step down, I don't feel the dc5 has much power, the debate I'm having is to either supercharge the integra, I think 300+bhp would make these great cars or to sell and buy an rx7, thoughts please

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
They're already great cars. Of course it's going to feel slow coming from a 600bhp Supra, not sure what you were expecting tbh.

SC or boost is going to make it quicker for sure but it's still not going to be as quick as a Supra or an RX7.

RX7 are renowned for blowing up and I also wouldn't say they're practical either.

Why not look at an RS Audi of some kind, big cars lots of room, practical and quick as most are turbocharged. Best of everything that way.

Jk90

I've always liked my jap imports, had a Bmw and there just extremely boring German cars, I've never thought much of audis and the depreciation is ridiculous on new cars.

I think with over 300bhp the teg would be a good all round car, I know the rx7 engines are fragile but I've done a bit of research, even from an rx7 I don't want big power 400bhp tops. Im lucky to do 100 mile a week so petrol costs don't worry me, £50 a fortnight in the teg isn't anything to complain about

moodyedge

Advanced Member
Have you considered an e46 m3....ok enough of the jokes.

I wouldn't fancy 300bhp into 2 front wheels.

600bhp to 217bhp........

A big step in terms of power yes. Depends what you want from a car.

Ive thought about what car to change to for over a year now......seriously! Im really struggling with the dilemma. The more I think, the further away I get from any decision...I may very well end up rocking to and fro in a corner like a mentalist with best motoring videos playing on my tablet in front of me quoting bhp per tonne figures.....

I couldn't be arsed to go to all the trouble and cost of boosting an integra. I am of the opinion (at least for today) if you want turbo power, buy a turbo car. Plus I think its against that golden era of the honda type r NA spirit. Ganbarimasu!

The obvious choice is an evo and its the conclusion I have came to myself, but because its the obvious choice, that alone is enough to put me off.

A dc5 with supercharger does have a certain appeal, even an eg k20 supercharged that looks standard from outside. It would be fun to see the look on peoples faces when you vanish.........wtf is under than bonnet!

The fact everybody knows what an evo is, they expect it to be fast, due to that...for me they lose their appeal......something more obscure with mighty performance really appeals to me.

TyperItr

Advanced Member
I say get the rx7, it's a Car I would love to have, not anywhere near practical what so ever but a great car