in need of map tweak eurospec or mase?

integraleo

Advanced Member
Ok so I have all usual bolt ons and k100 mapped by romain,since my last map by him I sold my 3" exhaust for kakimoto regu06r and replaced my injen with teg m kit. I know to optimise I need a map tweak so do I go back to romain for the tweak or is it worth paying more for mase to do the whole map? I've not had any issues with romain's map but after speaking to max from this forum on Saturday who said his latest map from mase gained him 9bhp and a smoother map it's got me thinking.
Anyone else had similar experience of different maps by these 2 tuners?
Opinions welcome for and against. Obviously cheaper for romain to do but...more power and smoother always nice if true.

MrRy

Advanced Member
Who is this Mase character? I've only heard whispers about him since joining the dc5 forum.

I would personally stick with Romain if I were in your shoes and you're happy with how it currently drives.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

dotty

Advanced Member
MrRy said:
Who is this Mase character? I've only heard whispers about him since joining the dc5 forum.

I would personally stick with Romain if I were in your shoes and you're happy with how it currently drives.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
One of the best there is at mapping.

Lives in Florida, has friends over here (me included) so comes out once a year but the people that have said they would want mapping have often not turned up when he has booked the dyno so he is thinking about not bothering with that anymore. I have my car mapped by him and have done for 3 years and it drives like a dream.

http://www.maseengineering.com/

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Couple of things to consider with getting a map from Mase, as far as I am aware he only comes over once a year around end of April or beginning of March, and also he locks his maps so you wont be able to get anyone else to tweak it down the line, you would have to start again with a new map.

However he has never failed to improve an existing map or extract more power, and he also does the part throttle mapping which i beleive others do not do or dont do as thoroughly as he does.

Dotty can confirm if im wrong.

Linus27

Advanced Member
I was going to get my DC5 mapped in June. If anyone does know when Mase is coming over then please let us know. Might drop him an email so I will let you know.

MrRy

Advanced Member
I hear Romain / Europsec offers good customer support.

However I can only go on who I've used - and the best I have ever used is Will @ RDT. If you want a car that drives better than OEM, go for a steady state-tuned RDT map. This guy is incredible and it's where I'll be going time after time. The attention to detail with throttle response and drive ability through utterly perfect ignition timing and fuelling really impressed me, and customer support / aftercare is 100%. You may find cheaper "mappers" out there, but you get what you pay for usually - if you want a safe and powerful map, Will is your man.

MrRy

Advanced Member
In fact he's the only person I know who won't map your car before he's done a thorough pre-dyno inspection which includes testing the compression, pressure-testing the cooling system, etc. as there is no point in tuning a car that isn't 100% in the first place.

Kerv

Advanced Member
Just had a quick look at Mase Engineering website and he is selling Hondata KPRO (NA) for $350 (approx. £220).
Seems quite cheap, unless I am missing something?

wayne_teggy

Advanced Member
I need a tweak on my map but as mase is in the states and has locked my map i am going to have to start again. I've spoke to him but he won't release the lock because of a previous tuner apparently copying his maps, who I won't say but for me il be going to romain probably as he's closest and heard good things

integraleo

Advanced Member
I want final map tweak with my kakimoto exhaust and teg m induction,I'm never changing these as I love the way they sound. I don't care about extracting every last drop of power from my engine and I'm finished with adding parts. If mase is not coming over any time in next couple months I will go back to romain. I want to get final tune done before track day

integraleo

Advanced Member
Seen many 500-800hp b series teggies in America. They are all over YouTube.
Cheap parts makes power gain easier over there.