In two minds!

Sylar122

Advanced Member
Hey guys been a owner for a little while now and seem to be having this constant debate with myself.

The DC5 i have at the moment is great 51 reg with just shy over 110K miles..

now i have choice on if to continue modifications or save up for a 04 plate with lower milage, keeping in mind that i do an average of about 15K P/A milage and this is my daily driver, so with that do i warrant getting a few years younger and lower milage? taking into account depreciation which i know these cars are very good at keeping their price, or continue on my modification list?

Any input and advice would be most appreciated for anyone who has had this play on their mind haha.

darkhawk

Advanced Member
A lower mileage newer one seems like a great option

But you know the engine etc of yours

Could buy a new one and it be an absolute dog and spend loads having to fix it

If there's nothing wrong with yours may aswell keep it ad you know how it's been looked after

maxvr6

Advanced Member
darkhawk said:
A lower mileage newer one seems like a great option

But you know the engine etc of yours

Could buy a new one and it be an absolute dog and spend loads having to fix it

If there's nothing wrong with yours may aswell keep it ad you know how it's been looked after
Couldn't have said it much better myself, its not broken so don't fix it, just keep up with good maintenance at it will last forever.

DC5RS

DC5
If yours its fine i dont find any reason why risking something like that.. have a 2001 with 42k miles and believe me i made a great choice over any newer models which then had issues that i didnt so far after 1 year+ owning it

Sent from my GT-I9300

Palmerino

What's the point in getting a new one if yours runs fine? leave some low milers for the rest of us :xgrin:

Lewis93

Advanced Member
I'm in exactly the same situation, I change my mind everyday about it to be fair.

My car is '01 and just hit 90k recently. I have weighed up the cost of importing a new one with about 40k on the clock and keeping my personal reg etc and it came to about 12k, where as I may only get 7k for mine as it will be sold without mods and has a stone chips etc.

Still undecided myself but with the current situation I'm in with wanting to purchase first house looks like I would be best off keeping mine and just bringing it up to a real good nick.

Ezza

Advanced Member
Cant see the point in buying another low mileage only to rack up the mileage again.

Lewis93

Advanced Member
Ezza said:
Cant see the point in buying another low mileage only to rack up the mileage again.
That's true. I know it might be a long way off but when the car does eventually die K20A engines might be a lot cheaper to buy in the future if you dedicate yourself to keeping this car.

Alexander0628

Advanced Member
Keep it, and use the money you would of spent on aftermarket bits, fresh service ect. As been said if its not broke don't fix it :)

masterjedijay

Advanced Member
Mine has done 123k and I do over 20k a year as a daily drive. I plan to keep mine for a few more years yet. I have had CRX's and other Honda's in the past and have run them until nearly 200k with no problems apart from wear and tear items. If you look after them (Honda's)they will look after you. Keep the car and service every 6k and hopefully it won't let you down.

Sylar122

Advanced Member
Yeah I can see what you guys are saying, it's what I've been saying to myself, I know my car down to the nut and bolt now and know what's what.

I didn't have any worries as far as reliability because I know these engines will just keep going dan (coyote) is a prime example of that lol.

Think I was just considering future value e.c.t but like you guys say I may end up with one that il be fixing for ages... And this one has been brilliant tbh very little done to it excluding the usual wear and tear

On top of that I've seen some owners posting that they have had 3 - 4 DC5's in their time and was thinking maybe they have been trying to keep the milage down or have a newer one for a reason...

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Just keep it mate, it seems a decent example and it goes well and you've not had any problems with it so keep it.

Might be worth going for an FD2 in a few years once you've saved as I imagine yours will still fetch decent money so with the money from that combined with saving perhaps go for an FD2 instead mate.

Lewis93

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Just keep it mate, it seems a decent example and it goes well and you've not had any problems with it so keep it.

Might be worth going for an FD2 in a few years once you've saved as I imagine yours will still fetch decent money so with the money from that combined with saving perhaps go for an FD2 instead mate.
DC5 over FD2 any day. ;)

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
LewisK20 said:
DC5 over FD2 any day. ;)
I've never driven one but they're supposed to be a far improved car over the DC5 in most aspects and a far superior drive albeit more rigid and stiff.

Sylar122

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:

yeah think i will keep it, just a thing thats been niggling the back of my mind haha, we shall see il crack on with mods for now though...

Yeah id like an FD2 suppose to be the quickest Type R they built (until this new one comes out) handling is suppose to be phenomenal… DC5 for a few years yet for me though wanna hit a goal of 260 bhp with the teg and get the handling just right.