Incorrect fuel tank level

DC5RS

DC5
So i got my dc5 last month and i am pretty happy with it but i wonder if the "problem" i am facing is normal or not for this car.
My fuel tank level seems incorrect and its always showing different levels from the correct one.

I will give an example to be more precise, i can turn on the car with half tank and it shows not even 1/4 for about 15 minutes, after the 15 minutes run it gets close to half tank.
I can turn on the car with almost empty tank and it will show 1/4 for about 15-20 minutes again and then change.
I may have full tank but it stays full for a long.

Is it a sensor issue that is fixable? Or is this type of car having these weird readings?

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
The DC5 does have a bit of a weird fuel gauge! But not that weird, sounds like there is a slight problem with yours there. Possible faulty connection somewhere if it's jumping up rather than down.

Normally the Fuel gauge tends to drop faster at certain levels, mine stays above half for ages then plummets fast to 1/4.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
is your car a recent import or bought second hand?
sometimes the importers remove the clocks to fit the speedo convertor and in doing so dont properly plug back the connectors, yu coul;d also be looking at a sender problem.

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
I was going to say its a sender issue...

But also that i think the fuel gauge is rubbish :xshot:

DC5RS

DC5
PORTHOS said:
The DC5 does have a bit of a weird fuel gauge! But not that weird, sounds like there is a slight problem with yours there. Possible faulty connection somewhere if it's jumping up rather than down.

Normally the Fuel gauge tends to drop faster at certain levels, mine stays above half for ages then plummets fast to 1/4.
Is it something that i can lookup myself or do i need somebody in the field to do it?

C&S Evo7 said:
is your car a recent import or bought second hand?
sometimes the importers remove the clocks to fit the speedo convertor and in doing so dont properly plug back the connectors, yu coul;d also be looking at a sender problem.
it is a second hand

lujamil

Advanced Member
DC5RS said:
So i got my dc5 last month and i am pretty happy with it but i wonder if the "problem" i am facing is normal or not for this car.
My fuel tank level seems incorrect and its always showing different levels from the correct one.

I will give an example to be more precise, i can turn on the car with half tank and it shows not even 1/4 for about 15 minutes, after the 15 minutes run it gets close to half tank.
I can turn on the car with almost empty tank and it will show 1/4 for about 15-20 minutes again and then change.
I may have full tank but it stays full for a long.

Is it a sensor issue that is fixable? Or is this type of car having these weird readings?
The fuel gauge is pretty funny on these cars I think. Just keep track of how much you've driven and how much you topped up.