Increased ticking niose on acceleration

Davey

Whenever i accelerate i get a rapid taping noise all the way up the rev range, any one else had this problem??

Tapets maybe??

Cheers

Davey

oil levels fine mate, but when i got some time i will give it a change to see if that cures it.

mikegsi

Staff member
failing that when did it have its last 'proper' service (the one where they adjust tappets etc), could be that it hasnt been done for a few services???

Davey

mikegsi said:
failing that when did it have its last 'proper' service (the one where they adjust tappets etc), could be that it hasnt been done for a few services???
Iv only had the car a bout a month, last service was roughly 2k miles ago. I was thinking it could be the oil because according to the last service sheet they put in 0w30 which iv heard is very thin and i surpose in theory it could make the engine noiser, does that make sense or am i talking aload of crap!!!

Assmask

I've got a tapping/whirring/clicking. Very rapid, most noticeable between 3 and 4K (due to engine noise). I'm taking it into the Honda garage on Weds to have the valves cleaned or something. I'll let you know if it fizes it.

Assmask

It didn't

There goes £100.

Am now thinking could be heatshield based upon what i read in anotehr thread.

My noise is only when I am accellaerating gently or have my foot on gas to keep at constatnt speed between 2.5 and 4 K rev. If I coast or have foot hard down then it's not there.

It's a pisser.

azriDC5R

Advanced Member
mine was the heatshield for the blitz open pod... it rattles as the engine revs up in Vtec

dave c

400hp K20
i may be WAY off the mark hear but could it not be the injectors? i would imagine they are fairly high flow on this engine due to the output. so they will tick on acceleration and idol.

Also, is it not just the engine? mine has 28000km on it which is about 17K miles i think, so pretty damn new (not sure on the conversion) mine isnt quiet either. i have only had the car a couple of weeks and am getting it checked over this weekend by TGM so will post back if they think the noise is anything serious but i assume its just the engine noise as it is a fairly unusual engine. Reving happily up to 8500-9000rpm all day.

ajenkins

Advanced Member
mine has that rattly noise under acceleration between 2 and 3k rev range, i think its the heatshield as my ep3 had the exact problem and noise.

griffy

Advanced Member
you can get a slight ticking noise from a mani if its been changed modded, different mani's have different sounds, some thinner materials have increased noises I recon from what I have read, but with a standard mani its interesting, did you get this sorted?