Increasing the height of side mounted seat rails for bucket seats.

Tricktyper

Advanced Member
I recently purchased some side mount seat rails to fit in my Corbeau bucket seat. I went for the M2 seat rail ( think this was a mistake in the first place, as they squeak and creek like mad - you buy cheap, you buy twice!) and is fitted no problem. Now I expected the seat to sit a little lower, and whilst its not too low, in an ideal world I think id like it a little higher. You can see from the pic below how much lower I sit in comparison to my mate whose a similar height to me in the passenger OEM Recaro.

The side rails have 3 levels of height on the front mount and 5 on the back. Ive got it fitted on the highest setting on the front, and the third whole up on the back currently to keep it level. I could bring the rear up a notch or two but I doubt that would give me the difference im looking for. Just lift the rear a little... Is there anyway I can raise the height of these rails at all?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I recently purchased some side mount seat rails to fit in my Corbeau bucket seat. I went for the M2 seat rail ( think this was a mistake in the first place, as they squeak and creek like mad - you buy cheap, you buy twice!) and is fitted no problem. Now I expected the seat to sit a little lower, and whilst its not too low, in an ideal world I think id like it a little higher. You can see from the pic below how much lower I sit in comparison to my mate whose a similar height to me in the passenger OEM Recaro.

The side rails have 3 levels of height on the front mount and 5 on the back. Ive got it fitted on the highest setting on the front, and the third whole up on the back currently to keep it level. I could bring the rear up a notch or two but I doubt that would give me the difference im looking for. Just lift the rear a little... Is there anyway I can raise the height of these rails at all?

Thanks in advance.
Are the side fittings that bolt to the seat separate to the lover part of the rail that fits to the chassis? by this I mean do they bolt too the lower part? if so then could always look to replace them with another set with more adjustability or with some bride ones or similar (like I sold to Sam last year) as they had a lot of options for the front and rear, any pics of the side of the seat and the fittings how they are?

If you have maxed out the front then that's as high as you'll get on that specific setup, I found my bride one was too high and I have had to drop it a fair amount and sit pretty much in an OEM location (as I am far form tall lol)

Thanks

Tricktyper

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Are the side fittings that bolt to the seat separate to the lover part of the rail that fits to the chassis? by this I mean do they bolt too the lower part? if so then could always look to replace them with another set with more adjustability or with some bride ones or similar (like I sold to Sam last year) as they had a lot of options for the front and rear, any pics of the side of the seat and the fittings how they are?

Thanks
They are on the my M2 rails actually come to think of it. My old buddy club rail I had for my EP3 were fixed I believe but with this rail, that may be a good suggestion actually! I dont have any pictures of the seat fittings on me at the moment, but il grab a picture later and post it up. :)

carl hammond

Advanced Member
They are on the my M2 rails actually come to think of it. My old buddy club rail I had for my EP3 were fixed I believe but with this rail, that may be a good suggestion actually! I dont have any pictures of the seat fittings on me at the moment, but il grab a picture later and post it up. :)
No problem mate, If the rail to the chassis is separate and the fixings that mount to the seat id just replace them and jov done, I think Sam maybe or was selling the bride ones I sold him so if they would work and offer more adjustability maybe worth getting them.

I have the bride rails and mounts in my car on my Pole Position so if you need or want to see the amount of adjustability on them have a look at my build thread as I am sure theres a side on shot, if not then let me know and I will send one over mate

Tricktyper

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
No problem mate, If the rail to the chassis is separate and the fixings that mount to the seat id just replace them and jov done, I think Sam maybe or was selling the bride ones I sold him so if they would work and offer more adjustability maybe worth getting them.

I have the bride rails and mounts in my car on my Pole Position so if you need or want to see the amount of adjustability on them have a look at my build thread as I am sure theres a side on shot, if not then let me know and I will send one over mate
Yeh ive just taken a look and the official Corbeau ones & they seem to offer the same amount of adjustability so look no good. Couple I have seen, do have an increased adjustability so those are probably the way to go...

Thanks mate, il take a look through now! :)

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Got this same issue. Got one M2 and one buddclub rail and they're so low! Have to used a cushion.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Tricktyper said:
Yeh ive just taken a look and the official Corbeau ones seem to offer the same amount of adjustability so they look no good. Couple I have seen with an increased adjustability so those are probably the way to go...

Thanks mate, il take a look through now! :)
Bride and Recaro ones offer quite a lot of adjustability, failing that someone could fabricate some bespoke ones for you with the exact heights you want and need

Tricktyper

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Bride and Recaro ones offer quite a lot of adjustability, failing that someone could fabricate some bespoke ones for you with the exact heights you want and need
Yeh the bride ones look really nice and at least you can guarantee the quality. Yours look really good, and appears to not sit much lower than the passenger OEM seat. Pricey, but there clearly worth it.... Think I remember seeing a bride rail for sale recently either on here or on the group on FB. Il take a look around and see whats up for grabs atm. :)

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Tricktyper said:
Yeh the bride ones look really nice and at least you can guarantee the quality. Yours look really good, and appears to not sit much lower than the passenger OEM seat. Pricey, but there clearly worth it.... Think I remember seeing a bride rail for sale recently either on here or on the group on FB. Il take a look around and see whats up for grabs atm. :)
I recently sold a bride one so prob me you saw selling it mate, rail and mounts. I can hook you up with my contact for a new one if you want? PM me if you want and I will get his details over and if I let him know you'll be in touch you may get it cheaper (someone else did recently through me on fbook). Just say you want the same setup as mine as I bought all the required parts from him for my setup and have it as close to oem as I could get, still need to tweak it but it's a nice position now :)