Induction Kit (without having to modify scuttle panel)

Rich3248

Advanced Member
As above, is there any induction kit out there that's decent?

I don't want to spend big money on a gruppe m or Tegiwa and modify the scuttle panel as well.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
You've named the only 2 kits where you do have to modify the scuttle! So anything else would fit the bill really

Rich3248

Advanced Member
davidpingu said:
You've named the only 2 kits where you do have to modify the scuttle! So anything else would fit the bill really
Well obviously I'm not aware of the other options and hence why I made a thread looking for advice?!

Anyway.... The mugen is pretty pricey by the looks of it.

Are the ARC's going for good money ?

scrawnban

Nickyyy said:
Nothing will beat a Gruppe M imo, do it right the first time ;)
Rolling road day We had here a few years back one of the members had a fl running mugen air box mugen twin loop and nothing else and she is was rr at 240 brake. Mine was completely standard and ran 217 brake. Food for thought... Stwteg will verify

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
I had this same question once

Quick search found a good thread comparing induction kits. Ended up with the aem cai

beppe786

Beppe
aem cold air and gruppem will give same power tired both. . aem is a pain in the arse to clean.. people say could suck water in but if you don't drive in deep puddles your be fine.. pruce wise best for money and power.

on my new motor got mugen intake with mugen bumper so will take some forced air from front like gruppem dont know how good it will be. find out soon..

Mark_teg

Staff member
I'll be selling a Mugen intake with CF scoop soon :)

Beppe - At a recent dyno day my car made 4bhp more than somebody else's car who had a GruppeM fitted (might've been a TegM, but same thing!). All other mods the same down the brands - same day, same dyno, same mapper! Doesn't get any more consistent than that!. Not that you'll feel 4bhp difference mind!! Lol!

So eat that anybody who says Mugen products are restrictive :p

FireDance

Advanced Member
Mark_teg said:
I'll be selling a Mugen intake with CF scoop soon :)

Beppe - At a recent dyno day my car made 4bhp more than somebody else's car who had a GruppeM fitted (might've been a TegM, but same thing!). All other mods the same down the brands - same day, same dyno, same mapper! Doesn't get any more consistent than that!. Not that you'll feel 4bhp difference mind!! Lol!

So eat that anybody who says Mugen products are restrictive :p
What you getting now?!??!

What did you make on the dyno?

The J's racing induction kit looks the dog'd, but that is expensive!!!

The ARC is a very good induction kit. You can get them from Japan for around £300 (Racer48 bought his from Japan)

donzooo

Advanced Member
I've been tempted by the Injen one for a while. Might bite the bullet even with the work to get it fitted

Matt-r8

Just fitted an AEM V2. Arse dyno says it works well. Sounds really good in VTEC and now get a little chirp from the tyres when accelerating hard and changing from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. Would have loved a Mugen, but limited funds at the minute.