Induction kits

thomsojf

Advanced Member
Hey Guys,

At the moment I have a Gruppe M set up in my car. Although I'm thnking of trying something else. Although heres the tricky bit, I have an RRC manifold...does anyone know what other type of induction kit will fit this?

Thanks

Jonny

Yella Fella

Nismo Wannabe
Assuming rrc is similar in size to the rbc, and if you are looking to change to say the long arm CAI's then you probably need some sort of angled rubber elbow that will accommodate the change in angle from the throttle body. That's what I had to do for mine.

Rob R

Advanced Member
I think a hose like this would be ok as it gives you a bit of play without crushing the hose and affecting the air flow

How much would you want for the GM out of interest :-"

thomsojf

Advanced Member
Kl where did you get the Injen cai from?

I've not decided 100% yet but this would free up abit of cash and allow me to do different bits and bobs in the engine bay. But I do love the scoop above the bonnet looks :twisted:
Also because I don't have it kpro'd the diference would be very minute between the too.

As for the rubber elbow, I am still running stock TB so hopefully that corner would fit. I take it I couldn't use my sfs hose and trim it?

thomsojf

Advanced Member
Yeh that's what intake I would go for but I dont think I can justify 1k for an intake. Unless someone wants to sell me theirs ;-) although I think touge distribution is selling theirs slighty cheaper than theirs.

Kl well as I said I'm going to see what my options are. But I kinda think I'm looking at the Injen cai.

acepty

Advanced Member
thomsojf said:
Hey Guys,

At the moment I have a Gruppe M set up in my car. Although I'm thnking of trying something else. Although heres the tricky bit, I have an RRC manifold...does anyone know what other type of induction kit will fit this?

Thanks

Jonny
so how does it felt with the RRC?
noticed any power increase in the butt dyno?? :)

thomsojf

Advanced Member
acepty said:
thomsojf said:
Hey Guys,

Thanks

Jonny
Well I haven't had it on a dyno yet. The reason for that is I was booked in at tdi north and managed to get 3 punctures the weekend before.
However I have a mugen ecu and it's alot faster than stock. Having the rrc gives the engine a deeper note, especially when in the vtec.

So the plans for the future is to get kpro, cf bonnet and maybe a differant air intake. Just hope santas good to me haha

acepty

Advanced Member
thomsojf said:
acepty said:
thomsojf said:
Hey Guys,

Thanks

Jonny
Well I haven't had it on a dyno yet. The reason for that is I was booked in at tdi north and managed to get 3 punctures the weekend before.
However I have a mugen ecu and it's alot faster than stock. Having the rrc gives the engine a deeper note, especially when in the vtec.

So the plans for the future is to get kpro, cf bonnet and maybe a differant air intake. Just hope santas good to me haha
cool, why so eager to change the Gruppe M?? I don't think any other intake will give a huge diff in power anyway and since you already have it why change it?, sound wise probably yes dunno... I have friends with cai's in their Civic SI's and they sound a lot louder than my GM...

thomsojf

Advanced Member
Would the cai be mouser than the gruppe m? I think the short rams would but the cai is further away.

Another reason for the change is that,because I have fitter the rrc it has put the M on a slight angle. This has started to rattle on the underside ofthe bonnet. Not entirely sure if this could be fixes by a slight trim of my induction hose???