induction

jonster

Advanced Member
I wouldn't have thought there is much in it if you compare a Mugen + 5Zigen against a Stock box with Spoon drop-in + 5Zigen.

I personally think the 5Zigen is quite expensive for what it is. The time you've bought a Mugen + 5Zigen you will probably make less HP than the GruppeM and spent more money.

I didn't feel any difference after having the throttle body bored to the same spec at the Spoon TB. Save your money.

I wish I had a dyno close to me to that wasn't too expensive to test all my mods as I do them.

Jon

tailslide

that is subjective methinks until there is a way to compare horsepower charts using the combos stated. seems like a more practical (and monetary sensible) solution to my intake needs would be the zigen at the moment. need to save up for a full programmeable ecu by the end of the year! :)

in terms of having a larger TB, my experience with the B series engine was that there would not be any difference if the current bore size is already big enough to support the induction capabilities of the engine. on the other hand, having too large a bore without adequately increasing the engine's ability to induct more air will often have adverse effects on the engine's performance.

there was a marked drop in overall torque and hps when i fitted the type-R TB on my stock B16A until i decided to dump internals, stroked up the engine and increased the compression.