INFINITY COMPONENTS

Raffe

Advanced Member
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats about it yeh :p

Unfortunately with the arrival of the sunshine I have run out of bothered to fit the mids...I will continue next week sometime :oops:

Andywilkinson

Advanced Member
Well people have been asking about these infinity components, so i bought myself some, and i'll show you how i did it for you all to see if you haven't done them already

As Phil said above the tweeters are very easy to fit and with the foam wrapped around them make for a snug tight fit

Heres a pic of the glove box and surrounding trim removed

After removing the door card
See how to here

http://www.clubrsx.com/cr/SSIIS.html

After the door card was removed i found the surround for the original speakers

Which i removed

Now some people have said to modify this, i prefer the word butcher!

But even so it holds the mid a treat

I then put some dynamat on the door surrounding the speaker hole

Cut the hole and returned the original housing back into position

Added the metal surround just screwing it straight into the plastic of the original surround

Then the mid screws directly on the metal surround, job done :D

Well for the mids anyway door cards returned and trim etc,

First one took me a while as it was trial and error, but second took me about an hour, main time was feeding in the new cable which was an arse to do.

Hope this helps some of you out, as you can see not too much work needed :D

Raffe

Advanced Member
Helps me out massively as I ran out of bothered to fit the mids so far :oops: :oops:

I think I will go down the route of cutting some MDF rings though instead of butchering the oem speaker mounts as when I sell the car I can put the oem speakers back in :wink:

Oh and with the tweeters I did the same as you but then wrapped black insulating tape over the top of the foam and it makes it a bit neater when dropped them in place :wink:

Thanks for the pics 8)

Andywilkinson

Advanced Member
I was going to go down the MDF route, but thought i'd try this way first, and as my car never came with front speakers it hasnt bothered me, just happy it all fits so well.

sounds great too :D

Andywilkinson

Advanced Member
With the door cards fitted mate, it looks normal, cant even tell that you've been near the door, i kept for card as is and it fitted straight back on no problems,

one thing i will say though, after playing about with the sound a little today, the lack of sound deadening in the car is noticeable to the sound the speakers could potentially produce, but thats what the car is all about :D

And stu, they would possibly fit, just depends on the thickness of them really, if its similar to the oem mount thickness then i should think they would work :)

Raffe

Advanced Member
With regards to the tweeters...

I mounted mine facing straight up thinking they would bounce the sound off the windscreen, but you have angled yours...

Which do you think would be preferebale :?

Andywilkinson

Advanced Member
Raffe said:
With regards to the tweeters...

I mounted mine facing straight up thinking they would bounce the sound off the windscreen, but you have angled yours...

Which do you think would be preferebale :?
It recommends that the tweeters face the user for better sound, so angled both mine into the car and towrads the centre, which essentially enables me to receive the sound from both tweeters, so if you can imagine they are more or less both pointing at me.

But what i'd suggest is, see how it sounds for you, the tweeters are easily adjusted, so once up and running, have a little play, see whats best for your ears :D

keendeano

I think I'm going to do this mod, I've owned the car since Thusday night, the standard speakers are absmal, just to x2 confirm, once everything is back in place it looks 100% oem?

Andywilkinson

Advanced Member
keendeano said:
I think I'm going to do this mod, I've owned the car since Thusday night, the standard speakers are absmal, just to x2 confirm, once everything is back in place it looks 100% oem?
Yes mate, well it does for me :D

All with the exception of the components as you can see on the photo

impne

Advanced Member
I must say top job andy on the install and guide xthumbsup

I haven't got my car yet but messing with the stereo was not on my list at all until I've read a few posts in the ice section, are these cars all different as in some have speakers, some don't and some are crap?

Am I going to need to do this when mine arrives because if it does come with them the quality will be poor

keendeano

Mine has rear speakers, do they all have rear speakers? They are the worst sounding speakers I've ever heard, is there a direct replacement again without loosing the Oem look? Tia