Infinity: Reference 6010cs - 16cm components

Rob CTR

Advanced Member
I see the infinity's pop up quite a bit in this forum and just wondered if the above will fit with no spacer/no cutting..?

I know some have made a spacer to aid reduction of vibration.. but based on purely buying and putting them in what are peoples experiences?

Very close to clicking order lol..

Ideally i need a set of speakers that just plop in place..

Perhaps Infinity: Reference 5010cs - 13cm components if the above are a problem..?

Cheers for help - hopefully this will be the definitive front speaker thread lol :D

NZITR

Advanced Member
At the recommendation of an installer I modified the Honda mounting cup with a dremmel to make the 6010 woofer fit. It doesn't actually need that much work. He also said to use 4 self drill screws to solidly mount the honda cup/infinity mounting ring to the door. Once the cup/ring is solidly mounted just attach the woofer to the ring as designed and you have a nice solid and rattle free setup. Bass is just fine btw.

If you don't have a set of mounting cups you could just run some small spacers instead and mount the infinity mounting ring as a sandwich to the door. The 6010 comes with a plastic 6mm spacer which could be enough but you might need a little more. You might also want to run some thin foam between the spacer and the door panel to prevent squeaking.

Tweeters in the dash were interesting as I used the locking rings from under the dash.. There isn't a lot of access but I got the job done, just.

Cheers.

conoroneill

Advanced Member
Yep, just fitted my 6010s and I have to say I'm impressed.

Word of advice though - attach the + of the tweeter cable to the -3Db terminal on the crossover to bring the level down slightly as I tried both and the treble was quite harsh as standard.

NZITR

Advanced Member
You will find that the tweeters smooth out over time. I had mine on -3db at the start but moved them to flat after a couple of weeks.

Just make sure your crossovers are easy to get to so you can revisit the setup.