Info needed on 'Gathers' navi unit

SpideyMack

Advanced Member
Just got my Teg and it arrived with a rather nice Gathers double-din unit!

It has DVD ROM navigation (but no disc), TV (but no tuner maybe?), Minidisc, CD and Tuner.

At the moment I can play CD's and listen to a few radio stations, but a lot of menus are in Japanese and I need to find a band expander and navigation disc and maybe a way of getting it converted to English.

A bit hopeful but someone might know something?

P15UL T

Advanced Member
hi, not that this is much help but my gathers unit wont play cd's so i am stuck with a jap minidisc and still need to get a band expander....ok rant over :x
i wonder if it the same as yours....could you post some pics of it :D
cheers

SpideyMack

Advanced Member
Hiya

No probs - pm me your email address and I'll send you some photos.

Whereabouts in West of Scotland are you?

mugen chip

Advanced Member
i have this system in my 96 siR civic
plugged a ps2 into the gathers box and it wont play pal dvd,s on the screen but if you have copy,s that are regional code ntsc then they,ll come out perfect on the screen.. just a bit of info hope its useful......... :p

gaz3434

Advanced Member
Hey SpideyMack

Did you ever get anything sorted out with your Gathers unit? I finally got round to taking some photos of mine (with my cameraphone):

Do you know what the Compact Flash card slot in behind the screen is for? I don't have a memory card of that type so I haven't tested it.

I think i might just ditch the sat nav head unit and go for this Kenwood jobby, which has MP3 CD and long play minidisc:

http://www.anewdigital.com/prod/120.htm

T666YPR

I think the flash card is to save and exchange routes & route history between your unit and your pc.

P15UL T

Advanced Member
thats pretty nice,different than mine, i dont have such a large screen probably due to the fact that mine isnt sat nav, need to get around to finding out if i can get the cd player fixed..

gaz3434

Advanced Member
P15ULT, I'm considering selling my ICE - both the CD/TV/Sat Nav head unit and the 10-disc CD changer in the boot, if you're interested in buying?

Anty

DVD

Hi,
Has anyone taken their Sat Nav/Gathers Unit out ? I want to add a dvd player to my Sat Nav unit. Was wondering if thats possible. Just save me a few dosh rather than buying a whole new dvd unit.