info

irlintegra

hey all just joined today there is a few question i have aboth the teg

i got a 02 one 9 months ago its black i fell in love with it as soon i drove it

but there is a few things that i dont understand seen as this is my first v teck i have a 1.4 honda before

the questions i have are

1. what is the best way to get the limmit taken off them it is limited at 180 km not that i need it any faster its just pisses me off

2. i have heard v teck controlers can wreck the dc5 (as they let the v teck kick in when its cold)

3 not responding sometimes when the v teck kicks in cause low on oil is there anything i can do to sort this out(and no smat ass saying put oil in it )

4. any one have any ideas in genral ways to bost the bhp

i would be great full with all the help i can get thanks

raz786

Advanced Member
Hi mate

1) The limiter should have been removed when the SVA was done, if it wasn't contact Andy at 200BHP cars and he may be able to help.

2 and 4) Avoid VTEC controllers as they simply lower the VTEC point which isn't necessarily good for the engine, the best way to boost power is to do whatever mods you like (either nomal NA tuning or Forced Induction) and get a KPRO ECU and have it mapped by a professional.

3) Keeping the oil topped up is the best answer to this. Also you need to allow the oil temp. to rise before driving it hard as the VTEC doesn't respond when the oil temp. is too low, and also its not good for your engine.

Use the Search button as there's a lot of info already on the site mate, Good Luck and Welcome!!!

jay82

Advanced Member
Re: thanks

irlintegra said:
thanks for all the help
if your from ireland mate theres no point converting your car to mph. u can get a hks speed limit defender or a apexi (thinks its called) which is a silver thing that sits on dash. u can find both on flea bay or contact the tunning factory here in ireland and they'll be able to sort u out.

Dc5Dub07

Advanced Member
I got an Apexi de-limiter from Icetronix that i had on my old VTi, does the job, but sure now i have Kpro, but the Apexi is still usefull for speed read outs when your hitting 200km/ph!(on a private road or track) :lol:

DanSwift1988

Advanced Member
I would personally just use a gearbox convertor, cheaper and no wiring involved. I had a HKS SLD on my old starlet, did the job and you can tell all your mates it's something a bit more bling than a SLD for street cred... :lol:

Dc5Dub07

Advanced Member
Gearbox convertor? Doesnt that convert KMph to MPH?

I like the Apexi because you can actually see the speed your going and not wonder when the dial passes the 180kph mark..

jay82

Advanced Member
DanSwift1988 said:
I would personally just use a gearbox convertor, cheaper and no wiring involved. I had a HKS SLD on my old starlet, did the job and you can tell all your mates it's something a bit more bling than a SLD for street cred... :lol:
what street cred its cheaper than apexi and its hidden in the car?
Dc5Dub07 said:
Gearbox convertor? Doesnt that convert KMph to MPH?

I like the Apexi because you can actually see the speed your going and not wonder when the dial passes the 180kph mark..
yea it does convert to miles
should be looking at the road when you're going past 180 mate :lol: