Ings +1 kit, preparation and painting

JT3173

Advanced Member
I have taken the plunge and decided that I am going to order a full Ings +1 kit for my DC5, it needs minor preparation work, it is primered already.

Does anybody know how much they cost to spray in Champ white, front bumper, rear bumper and side skirts.

I was thinking of asking Tom at TGM for a rough price, any other idea's as I am in the Midlands.

Also, what is the rough price of spraying a bonnet? I have a Mugen one and think it would look very nice in CW too, would the paint chip off a great deal though?

Thanks

JT3173

Advanced Member
I think on the front some clear paint protector film would be a wise choice for the bonnet front, maybe even to the front bumper too..........? Be expensive though.

Just been on the phone to TGM, I was quoted £700 to paint and fit the front and rear bumpers, side skirts and bonnet, seems very expensive to me, any idea's on anywhere else?

They are probably the best though tbh, I am getting the body kit cheap so hey, its not all bad.

I just think the full kit looks so good on the DC5, I already have a nice Shift Sports GT wing, Mugen bonnet, not ING's I know, but with the right wheels it would all look stunning I am sure!!

I have yet to decide on the wheels but not my Rota Force in bronze, thinking of the Mugen MF10's, so Rota Circuit's :wink: in bronze, black or TAKTA green.............
Cannot really stretch to Volk CE28n's and the Rota Fighter only comes in 16 inch sizes, not 17 :(

Suggestions.......................

raz786

Advanced Member
To spray a bumper its usually about £150 each so £300 there. Side skirts probably about £100 I would think, Bonnet again £100 maybe or £150??

Fitting shouldn't take very long, so I would have expected a price of about £600-£700. Where abouts are you based mate?

alucardo

Advanced Member
http://www.bodyandtuning.co.uk/services.html

Chap is named andy he sprayed my skyline side skirts and bumpers and had to paint match water based paint midnight purple to the lead based midnight paint on the car. He made a perfect job.

Pics of my old car here

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/111379-1996- ... ample.html

Some more examples of his work can be found here

http://www.japmids.co.uk/forum/viewforu ... 6d402db7ab

This would be the place id take my motor.
Not sure on prices etc but he does a very good job and is closer than TGM if your avatar location sig is correct.

brucey87

Advanced Member
celox performance said:
I painted my CF bonnet C/W about 1.5 years ago and the paint hasn't chipped off-yet :lol:
im thinking about spraying my c/f bonnet c/w. does it look normal when its sprayed or can you still see the weeves in the carbon fibre?
just because a mate said he sprayed a c/f bonnet before and he said it didnt go smooth? do you think he didnt give it enough coats?

JT3173

Advanced Member
brucey87 said:
celox performance said:
I painted my CF bonnet C/W about 1.5 years ago and the paint hasn't chipped off-yet :lol:
im thinking about spraying my c/f bonnet c/w. does it look normal when its sprayed or can you still see the weeves in the carbon fibre?
just because a mate said he sprayed a c/f bonnet before and he said it didnt go smooth? do you think he didnt give it enough coats?
I suppose it depends on what type of laquer you have, the Mugen bonnet has a thick layer of it and is smooth, others may not be so smooth, depends on what you have I guess......

JT3173

Advanced Member
alucardo said:
http://www.bodyandtuning.co.uk/services.html

Chap is named andy he sprayed my skyline side skirts and bumpers and had to paint match water based paint midnight purple to the lead based midnight paint on the car. He made a perfect job.

Pics of my old car here

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/111379-1996- ... ample.html

Some more examples of his work can be found here

http://www.japmids.co.uk/forum/viewforu ... 6d402db7ab

This would be the place id take my motor.
Not sure on prices etc but he does a very good job and is closer than TGM if your avatar location sig is correct.
Thanks mate, his work looks good and it would defo be better to get to and back again on the train!

Will phone tomo and ask on prices

Martin_DC5

painting a carbon bonnet shouldnt be any different to any normal bonnet, as said its just lacquered, as long as it is prepared properly.

i do painting from home for mates etc, i normally charge around £100 a panel, ie £100 a bumper, bonnet, for skirts etc.

a good bodyshop will charge up to £300 for a bumper, but it is worth it. i do a good job but i cant really give any lasting guarantee's etc.

i'd be aiming to pay around £500 fitted if i were you. but its down to the quality of the work, always see their work beforehand in the flesh.

kingston

Advanced Member
also if the kit fits properly can influence the prices - if its a from a poor mould then it could take longer

celox performance

Advanced Member
brucey87 said:
celox performance said:
You can't see the weaves but it's not that smooth either.

Solerdus

JT3173 said:
I have taken the plunge and decided that I am going to order a full Ings +1 kit for my DC5, it needs minor preparation work, it is primered already.

Does anybody know how much they cost to spray in Champ white, front bumper, rear bumper and side skirts.

I was thinking of asking Tom at TGM for a rough price, any other idea's as I am in the Midlands.

Also, what is the rough price of spraying a bonnet? I have a Mugen one and think it would look very nice in CW too, would the paint chip off a great deal though?

Thanks
Hi Can you tell me Where did you get your INGS kit from and how much :?: i was thinking of getting that kit once i bought my DC5.i Type in INGS body kit on google and some site come up and the price all most blow me away all most 2K for a full INGS kit :shock: thanks

JT3173

Advanced Member
Solerdus said:
JT3173 said:

Thanks
Hi Can you tell me Where did you get your INGS kit from and how much :?: i was thinking of getting that kit once i bought my DC5.i Type in INGS body kit on google and some site come up and the price all most blow me away all most 2K for a full INGS kit :shock: thanks
Sorry I have not replied sooner.

I bought the kit by chance from an add in the USA, it was a private add from a bloke who was selling his RSX and had a kit for it. After a bit of gentle encouragement to ship it abroad it cost me $1000 USD excluding postage and thats new so I am very happy with this.

I guess its just a case of right time, right place.

Just hope it survives the delivery etc..............

Chris-DC5

Advanced Member
You are always in the right place at the right time, :lol:

Will look forward to seeing it all on.

Cheers

JT3173

Advanced Member
Chris-DC5 said:
You are always in the right place at the right time, :lol:

Will look forward to seeing it all on.

Cheers
And it seems you are too Chris with all the stuff you have bought recently!

We will have to have a meet somewhere when I am back, from what I remeber you are not far from me when you bought the spoiler.

Have a good one and post some photos up of the car sometime!

Hoodster

Advanced Member
I've just put a CB in the body shop to be sprayed CW a C-West one that I bought off MJ Type-R the guy is charging 150 to spray it replace the bonnet pins and fit it.
He was very impressed with the quality of the bonnet saying he charges up to 300 depending on the quality of the CF saying the cheaper weaves take more time and effort to get a smooth finnish I will comment on the finnish when I get back in a couple of days. :)

JT3173

Advanced Member
Hoodster said:
I've just put a CB in the body shop to be sprayed CW a C-West one that I bought off MJ Type-R the guy is charging 150 to spray it replace the bonnet pins and fit it.
He was very impressed with the quality of the bonnet saying he charges up to 300 depending on the quality of the CF saying the cheaper weaves take more time and effort to get a smooth finnish I will comment on the finish when I get back in a couple of days. :)
I am sure that mine will take no time at all as it has a very smooth finish, post some pics up when it is done! And of the car too, not reall seen to may C West kits on DC5's before.