Injector cleaner at MOT time

Gary

Advanced Member
Last week my car failed it's MOT on the emissions and as I wanted to get the K-pro re-tuned at TDI which I can't do for another month or so I needed a quick fix and the bloke at my local tyre depot suggested injector cleaner which the car subsequently passed on, so does that mean this stuff actually works and my fuel system which is 40,000 miles old and not always run on Optimax etc :oops: was full of a varnish residue or was it more because the tank of fuel which my car was running on at the re-test had just had 400ml of injector cleaner mixed in with it??? - as usual thanks in advance!

Type_R6

Advanced Member
Injector cleaner to pass the mot :lol: I dont suppose you have the emissions sheet on which it failed do you? Be nice to see what it actually failed on. The most likely things ive ever seen cars fail on are CAT, o2 sensor or a hole in the exhaust :? I take it you still have the standard CAT fitted?
Also as you have a kpro i would say it would be more likely to be that and the way its been mapped possibly?

LeeH

Advanced Member
I would have thought it to be the Spoon 4-2 2-1 header if your sig is correct :eek:

Gary

Advanced Member
Sorry lads my info was a bit minimalistic, I of course replaced the 2-1 section with the standard cat and according to the paperwork it failed on both low and fast idle emissions and it did also fail due to the conical seal to the back box having gone which I replaced prior to the re-test but it still failed again so I literally popped down the road got some injector cleaner after which it passed :xconfused:

VT-Doo

RushDoo
If you drive a cold car a few miles to the MOT station it's not uncommon for the car to fail on emissions.
Right before an MOT it's always good to open her up a little.

FYI Injector cleaner DOES work.