Injectors question

plugg

Advanced Member
Hi all looking for some advise

As it stands my dc5 is running 250bhp and St that my injectors are maxed out

Got told 410cc is what I'm needing but been offered 550cc as the guy doesn't have any 410cc

Would 550cc be OK to run or would it be over kill?

Not going to be going boost either

Thanks

integraleo

Advanced Member
Teegwa said:
Standard injectors here @ 303
No issues with mine ;)
Gordon
Are you joking??? Romain informs me my 650cc injectors max out around 330hp which are much bigger than oem.

jrscho

Advanced Member
integraleo said:
Are you joking??? Romain informs me my 650cc injectors max out around 330hp which are much bigger than oem.
That's weird, I've seen people say 650cc should be able to handle 500hp..

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
No deadly serious buddy.

Also Wow I know boost needs more fuel but that sounds mad to be maxing at 330

Gordon

Fez

Advanced Member
Teegwa said:
Standard injectors here @ 303

No issues with mine ;)

Gordon
Thats mad, i always see posts by tuners saying that stock injectors are close to maxing out at about 260ish.

integraleo

Advanced Member
Apparently oem injectors have a restriction that you can remove to make run as 510cc injectors. Just asked Romain. Gordon that's what your's must have had done

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Hey buddy not doubting the above especially on boost applications was just shocked.

In terms of removing a restriction not something I've asked for so unless it was done by the garage before me to flow them better then i am unsure.

Assume you mean "modifying" the injector itself as I have seen topics on doing that.

Gordon

integraleo

Advanced Member
I really don't know I'm certainly no expert but it's true I've seen several tuners max out oem injectors at 260 ish hp. They were running 97-99% at that power. Most jrsc set ups run with either 550cc or 650cc, mine being the 650s because of charge cooler adding power. I'm sure Romain wouldn't have suggested bigger injectors if I didn't need them. He knows with my upgrades I will be in the 340+ range. Perhaps he doesn't like tuning the injectors when they are getting close to the limit I really don't know.
Did you pick up your charger second hand?
If so I'm surprised they didn't come with bigger injectors

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
What charger.....

My duty is circa 85 but I think there's is an element of leaning at the upper limit of my rev range which I'm investigating soon

I am still planning ITBs and will be upgrading to bigger injectors when that those are fitted

Gordon

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Your thinking of Adams from Glasgow buddy

I went full CNC port flow and upgraded head with matched inlet and ex, 3" exhaust stand alone management etc etc.

Gordon

integraleo

Advanced Member
Well hopefully in next couple months I'll pull my finger out and purchase these bigger injectors and finally go for what I hope is my last map. At which point I'll have my 650s for sale lol