Injen CAIntake:All Change

T666YPR

Well,I was well peed off that I mucked up with the Hondata airbox mod,so I've plumbed in the Injen.

Click For : ALL INSTALL PICS

(Might Do The Breather Hoses In Blue)

Took me 4.5 Hours and a few skinned knuckles.

Didn't realise it involved cutting the battery bracket and the splashgaurd and inner wheelarch :evil:

Result is amazing though :D

Really does sound awesome at v-tec and above.

At standstill you can hear it sucking like a prossy on a gobstopper :wink:

Will need it re-mapping and dynoing but have a few things going on at the same time so will have to wait a bit.

jonster

Advanced Member
Good choice Simon. Next best thing to a Gruppy. I still think you should save for some cams or something before you going to go dyno tuning again. IPS cam group buy anyone? Does the power / progression feel wrong with your current map?

Jon

T666YPR

jonster said:
IPS cam group buy anyone?
Jon
They do read up rather well don't they 8)

jonster said:
Does the power / progression feel wrong with your current map?
So far seat of the pants dyno feels very good.

I've learned not to read much into that though after some of my previous exploits.

Finally got a laptop so I can have a look into my engine clatter and datalog it.
(it does seem a little quieter now though,might just be in my mind)

jonster

Advanced Member
Guy still wasn't too sure about how good the IPS cams were last time I spoke to him. I think System-R are having a play with them first. When I spoke to them they did seem to prefer TODA as a known / trusted option. We will just have to wait and see.

I hope the clatter fault finding goes well.

Jon

PS You should up-date your signature now.

DP.

Advanced Member
Did you have to remove the brake cooling duct?

- if so.. any potential problems there?

T666YPR

Yeah,the brake duct connects to the old washer tank and bolted to the frame but the new tank hides the hole.
There is no room to connect with the pipe and filter in place now.

Normally,I'd be concerned over an imbalance in brake cooling,but there are plenty of others running the same with no problems.

Sig updated :wink:

Simon

DP.

Advanced Member
Hmmm.. after lookin at some posts regarding brake pads and discs it seems that removing the brake cooling duct has been a contributing factor to people such as mark and franz warping their discs after heavy braking on the track :?

T666YPR

But Franz has a 5Zigen intake,like the one I've just removed,with a Mugen airbox.

His brake duct should still be there.

DP.

Advanced Member
hmm... Mark has injen tho...

i wonder how easy it would be to modify / adapt to fit the duct along with the CAI?

T666YPR

I'll have to have a look to see if the front end and the back end can still fit in place (the back part has no mounting point now though) with some tube to redirect.
I doubt it though.

Sure it will be fine,got vented discs coming anyway.

DP.

Advanced Member
hehe.. i guess if i ever did warp my discs then its a dam good excuse for a similar upgrade :D

Jay

did you have to cut into the bumper or wheel arch cos when you install a simlar product in the EP3 (the AEM V1) you gotta do this

T666YPR

I had to drill off part of the battery tray:

And cut parts of the splash guard and inner wheelarch: