Inlet manifolds?? RBC? RRC?

cwwoodley

I have read loads on the benefits on these inlet manifolds but can anyone teach me the differences between the two and the best one to use for the dc5?
Tegiwa sell both and there is a massive £250 price jump between the RBC and RRC.

Tell me what you know!

pulpmelon_r

Advanced Member
RBC - Accord euro R
62mm throttle opening
Best hp / £ option

RRC - FD2 Type R
Flows about 30cfm more than the RBC, has better runner profiles.
64mm DBW throttle
expensive

coolerking

Advanced Member
I was going to go for the RRC for my new engine, but spoke to Paul and he said best to stick to RBC with 70mm TB which I already have, RRC will give slightly bigger gains he said.

George K

Advanced Member
The RRC gives better mid range gains. Cheapest way to buy is from your Honda dealer. Part number is H17100RRC000. You will need an adaptor (Karcepts) with an idle by pass cut out.

cwwoodley

Looks like the RBC for me then with a larger TB. I have a mate that can polish inside of it so will allow better airflow.
And considering the massive price difference between RBC +RRC there would need to be double the bhp+torque gains to even think about opting for the RRC.

Then new exhaust mani and change my mugen exhaust for something with better flow, a K100 tune should bring it all together nicely.

Looking forward to it all, just need to find the money now.

jambo

Advanced Member
i paid $200 dollars for my rbc with no import tax or shipping haha result

cwwoodley

nice read, thanks for sharing, i will be making a few phone calls to get her booked in and tunned up..