Installation instructions Mugen air cleaner set

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
Hi,
Does anybody have scans of the installation instruction of the Mugen air box. Because I bought it second hand and it didn't come with instructions :(. It looks like a simple replacement but I want to make sure I'm doing everything like it should to be done. also I saw some pictures with alu tape on it :?.
I hope someone can help me.
Thanks

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
It is easy mate....just go about removing the old airbox and then fitting that one in its place.
The alu tape just acts as a heat shield

premadonna555

Advanced Member
Yes really simple mate, although it's a very tight squeeze. If i remember correctly, put the intake and pipe in place first but don't bolt it up, then put the mugen box in place and attach the piping.

I seem to remember that i wished i had child-like hands at the time!

It is nice and simple though, just a few obvious bolts and you're away.

Let me know what you think once it's fitted. I honestly can't really tell any difference in performance or sound. But it looks nice!

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
So, Installed it yesterday. Was a simple job, only the lower tube install was a bit tricky with the size of my hands :lol:.
about the difference with the stock one....
The throttle response is a bit better and the sound is a bit deeper, but no big differences.
But really looks nice in the engine bay :D.

neil_integra

Advanced Member
Just take not that lower tube has a tendancy to fall off and half block the hole i tie wrapped the lower one on to stop it falling off.