Installing a Engine Start Button (OEM)

BlueFin

I've seen a couple of sites that are selling the Engine Start Button kit (OEM) and was curious if any here has fitted it temselves or from a garage?

BlueFin

Honda UK will not entertain option parts for some reason, so I've gone with a very reputable company called NewEraImports.

If you speak to Gareth Brunt on gareth@neweraimports.com (www.neweraimports.com) he'll be able to source them and post them over. He has requested, understandably, to add no time wasters please.

£150 including postage.

Hope it helps
Parm

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
Thats strange as I am sure you can get them over here from honda.. try Steels honda, as they are the same as the S2000 start button. I was going to have one fitted when my car came but though what is the point as you still have to turn the key so whats one more little turn. :roll:

Plus I am sure the whole kit was under £60

UW

BlueFin

UW did speak to Steels and they said they could mount the S2000 somewhere. This kit hopefully will fit above the folding mirror switch.

Do have a point though, still got to turn the key! :eek:

T666YPR

The difference between turning the key and pressing a button to start is the same as the difference between "Rolla Cola" & Pepsi.

They both do the same job,but the latter is so much better than the former!! :wink:

Kudos!!

BlueFin

Dave from Steels also gave me the lead for JapanParts also, but he did say he has heard negative reponses from customers. Anyway I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and emailed them regarding if the button came as a kit from Honda Access (thus a genuine OEM part), even sent the picture, and all I got was hassle back, i.e. we are not sure what you want, blah blah...I gave up, can't do more then send a pic of the item I wanted :( .

T666YPR there is probably a cheaper one out there, but I didn't want it to become a grail hunt :)

Adz

Advanced Member
Start Buttons Are great!.. I love mine! People ALLWAYS comment on it the first time they lean in the drivers window for a chat! :xking:

P15UL T

Advanced Member
just thought i would let you guys know that there is a guy selling S2000 starter buttons on ebay.

i bought one and it arrived today. :lol:

£50 + £5 delivery + £3 postal insurance (opional)

came with all wiring and relay plus the guy supplied the instalation instructions for the civic as he didnt have the ones for the teg.

does anyone know if the wiring is the same as the civic ?

SiKBoY

Advanced Member
P15UL T said:
just thought i would let you guys know that there is a guy selling S2000 starter buttons on ebay.

i bought one and it arrived today. :lol:

£50 + £5 delivery + £3 postal insurance (opional)

came with all wiring and relay plus the guy supplied the instalation instructions for the civic as he didnt have the ones for the teg.

does anyone know if the wiring is the same as the civic ?
Result could you post up a link by any chance ?

chris cc

Authorised Advertiser
I have to say I am very tempted to get one of these. :oops:
Definitely falls under ... what's the point of that?
Answer. FUN :lol:
Are you any good at car electrics Andy? :wink:

Evil_Weasel

Advanced Member
Also strongly tempted, but two concerns at the mo...

1. How do I cut the hole for it. Last thing I want is some botch job round the edges clearly visible!

2. My knowledge of car electrics is also limited, and what with the immobiliser in the same area, I am cautious! :?

P15UL T

Advanced Member
i my old corsa days i would have attempted anything myself but now i think i will trust my local auto electricians to carry out this job. i'll take him in some pics of what it should look like and leave it in his capable hands.(when i get my car.....) :D

gonzo

Advanced Member
I may have a button lying around that I can sell if anyone wants one?

Will check at the weekend