Insulting my lovely DC5 !

morgan

Advanced Member
Friends came round, hadnt seen DC5 yet.

Mate- "Wow cool."
Mates wife - "Ooh is that your new car ? It looks like a Peugeot !"

WHAT ????? :shock:

I mean, I am a petrol head, but I really struggle to see anything on the DC5 that gives it a flimsy-gallic-rubbish look !

Girls eh ? (joking ! joking ! ! !) :)

alg2500

Yeh my girlfriends sister said the other day mines a chav car... :shock: :shock: found myself explaining what the difference is.

Though later on she went out in it and said it sounded cool, was like being in an aeroplane... women eh.

Martctr

Advanced Member
I've had mine since Sunday and everyone seems to like, although I've had the 'But why white?' line a few times. Back end seems to be very popular lol.

drivebymonkey

Advanced Member
i constantly have the piss ripped out of me at work. any even remotley modified car that comes along (corsa, saxo, fiesta, etc) i get "bet you like that, bet its quicker than yours".

i put it down them all being jealous because im ten years younger, single and probably the best looking!!

the only other descent car on the station is a skyline bt hes goin through a midlife crisis!!

:D :D

JT3173

Advanced Member
Yes, better than being called a Chav!

My usuall ones are:

Love your ride, how much?. I didnt know they made Civics like this!

My usual answers are:

Enough. Its not an F# ing Civic!

Boab01

Burning cross time? ;)

My neighbours don't appreciate my new car, he even said, I reckon my BMW 525 would have the beating of this.....

neil_integra

Advanced Member
I have also had it called a chav car which annoys me somewhat. I try to explain to them that Chavs wouldnt get insured on one nor would they even know what a DC5 is as all they think of when you say TYPE R is a Civic.

I have also had "is that a real type r ? its not a civic is it"

But that just adds to the 8) factor that is owning one.

alg2500

There is only one way to put these peoples minds at ease - take them out for a spirited drive.

Watching them back up in the seat, silent and looking for the "oh shit" handle is all to pleasing.

First day I got mine I took 5 people out in it from work. 8)

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Everyone thats seen mine has said: "It's Gorgeous! I really like the colour..... what is it??" :lol:

Decklogic1

Advanced Member
I had a white EK4 with red Cobra's and now have a CW Teg with Red Recaros - so all females at work say "Its the came as your old car" :roll:

I had a tannoy call at work to move my car, and the lass said "Could the owner of the Civic Type R Reg number ..... please move it etc" I called and put her right, but at least she knew it was a Type R I suppose :D

Most say its cool, and I laugh when passing kids and they give you the thumbs up - that means its gotta be ace. :p

timp

Advanced Member
Best reaction to a car is if a young kid likes it, they are not caught up in the whole bullshit they just like it cause it looks cool. Sure their first question will be how fast is it to which they will be disappointed by the answer.

johnk

Advanced Member
alg2500 said:
silent and looking for the "oh sh*t" handle is all to pleasing.
I prefer the term 'JEEEEZUS' handle, because thats what most people say when I take them for a spirited drive!! :lol: